• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B3 contract list ??

Carl

No one has posted the " Full Gear" list ?? I find that hard to believe !!

Grant

Here you go, bitches. Say thank you, Aota Mituhiro.

B3.jpg

Carl

Let the research begin !
I was going to try and corrolate all the contract info into one document for publishing , that was my goal anyway .
The A2's have been more than compensated for , and thought that other items needed to be properly accounted for where possible .
Obviously , there are a lot more clothing items to be accounted for D1's B6's B7's and flight suits .
This book is my only source of information that can unveil the contract information i have . The contract lists i have , hardly ever mention TYPE , only a description e.g. Jackets trousers flying , winter suits .

Thankyou @Grant

MikeyB-17

A couple there I’ve not heard of before-Phillips Tanning and Clothing Co., and Sovereign Chicago. Anyone ever seen a jacket by either of them?
And thanks to Grant and Mituhiro-san.

Carl

Thats the A10 gloves wrapped up !!
Now the B3's , I can for sure confirm contract details for 8 of those listed with a 535 -AC prefix . I have also found 2 more contract #'s that can/could only be B3 's but unlisted in the FULL GEAR book , Any one of those jackets that shows the letter "P" or "AF" could have come from the contract #'s that are known makers im sure . Any of the other contracts that i cant find details for i only presume that they were for a value less than $50k , thus being deemed of no importance to the war effort .

Thanks for the

Carl

B6 and B7 next ;) :rolleyes:( just to double check that it was only Aeroleather that had contracts for the B7 )

Carl

According to Aota, 6 contracts, all from 1942. The AAC must've been freezing their asses off in the Aleutians in '41 so someone put in the order with Aero!

View attachment 8992
Thanks Grant !! Im more inclined to think that there were only 2 contracts . AC 25501 and AC 27058 , the remaining are purchase order #'s from these 2 contracts . The values of the 2 contracts is quite surprising and would back up my thinking regarding the purchase order idea .
Basically the combined value of 25501 and 27058 are $1million .

Carl

The info i that book is priceless to me in regards to working out what contract was for what item . As you will appreciate from the screen shot below , the item description that i have is pretty vague to say the least !!! "Jackets Trousers " !!:D
B7 Contracts.PNG

Carl

Il be compiling the lists for the known contracts for the B3 later today .
Just out of curiosity ? can any of this be Copyrighted ????

Carl

@Grant B6 and AN-J-4 list would be nice as well please !:rolleyes::rolleyes::):)
All i have is a description ,no nomenclature . So , jackets trousers , flight suits , winter suits etc is all i have to go on :(

Last edited: