• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B10 from BOB DONG

Earloffunk

m0ZFgE+vR+Oi9vcgvOatOw.jpg
bzTc4EBBRlW7h4nFcRK6uw.jpg
EyKoNgf8SZyBLxbERBAk1w.jpg
Here's the size 42 Dong. It is a bit roomy but the smaller one was too restricting even with only a shirt worn underneath. Been wearing it for a bit yesterday and its very warm.

Brettafett

Nothing wrong with that! Looks great, well done ;)
Appearance of fit is exactly like so many WW2 photos also, so no worries about that... I love the lengths.

Garylafortuna

Greeted the postman bearing gifts today, taking possession of a very well made B-10 by Mr Bob Dong. It is the exact same jacket as posted by Earloffunk. Same size too. When comparing this jacket with my Bronson B-10, I have to admit that it is a cut above. The wool lining is of better quality and denser than the Bronson. The collar is larger and more luxurious and probably too big when compared to an original, but I really like it that way. The outer shell is of a finer weave, but feels thicker. One thing that is really noticeable is the wind flap on the Bob Dong is thicker and firmer than on the Bronson. The only thing that is of higher quality on the Bronson is the knitted cuffs. The ones on the Dong are a little too short in comparison. This Bob Dong B-10 is definitely more of a Sunday go to meeting kind of jacket than its cousin the Bronson.

What with all this "Dong" speak, may I be so bold as to suggest that henceforth any references to Bob Dong be termed "BD".

Smithy

B-Man2

Gary
Thank for the brief review. That sounds like the B-10 to own, based on the quality of the workmanship and materials. Unfortunately I’m with Ties in that until they make some larger sizes, we are out of the mix on this one. But I’m glad to see that someone is getting the benefit of a good quality produced B-10. Please post something again after you wear it for a while and let us know how it’s making out.
Cheers

MeachamLake

I don't know if it will do any good but I did make mention to the ebay vendor dizlitchi2 ( Lee ) to try to convince the Bob Dong people to manufacture larger sizes. Sooner or more probably later the lights will switch to on for them.

I don't get why they won't do this! I'd be first in line to buy a...erm...bigger Dong.

Thomas Koehle

I don't know if it will do any good but I did make mention to the ebay vendor dizlitchi2 ( Lee ) to try to convince the Bob Dong people to manufacture larger sizes. Sooner or more probably later the lights will switch to on for them.

I already tried to go that way via my Chinese pals but that was about 1,5 years ago ...

Was in Touch with both BRONSON and DONG but no interest back then

The more requests they get the easier they might get convinced

ausreenactor

Look good. If you are smaller (40 and below) frame you need to get on to Yahoo Japan. Second hand BRs are cheap as chips. Like the Dong stuff, don't get me wrong.. If they had a cool name like Shaft Spire or Rocket,, as opposed to Dong I would jump on them.....

Skyhawk

Look good. If you are smaller (40 and below) frame you need to get on to Yahoo Japan. Second hand BRs are cheap as chips. Like the Dong stuff, don't get me wrong.. If they had a cool name like Shaft Spire or Rocket,, as opposed to Dong I would jump on them.....
Do you have a link?