• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B10 from BOB DONG

Brettafett

I know this is a little off the subject , but if anyone is ordering from BD from the UK or Europe , would they let me know please , ive given up trying to buy using Tabao and the other place (?) im only after some T shirts from them
Carl, drop Lee and email... [email protected]
Ask him. He speaks perfect English and stocks BD and Bronson. I am in London and have ordered from him twice now... He will be able to check on stock for you, or may be able to order something in... Worth a try.

Carl

Carl, drop Lee and email... [email protected]
Ask him. He speaks perfect English and stocks BD and Bronson. I am in London and have ordered from him twice now... He will be able to check on stock for you, or may be able to order something in... Worth a try.
Ahh thankyou !! Thats great to know !! Many thanks indeed !!
Really appreciate the help

Greg Gale

I see Bronson is now competing with the "Dong" :D

O1CN010QpIiM1TkOxLPdEaN_!!1795832420.jpg

ties70

I see Bronson is now competing with the "Dong" :D

O1CN010QpIiM1TkOxLPdEaN_!!1795832420.jpg

Perfect jacket for a COCKtail party...now only thing I need is an A-2 leather DONG jacket....

This is just getting better and better...as the German proverb goes "Be a child as long as you can!"

Ties

Earloffunk

Just ordered myself a nice green Dong... :D

Two to be exact - L and XL just to see which one fits best. Never thought I would buy something directly from China. :confused:

Well, there’s always a first time for everything. Hope it arrives here before the end of the so called winter.

Maybe I’ll add an 23rd FG patch to the jacket. Not sure yet.

B-Man2

I reckon you'll see more and more people buying repro WWII jackets and clobber from China over the coming years and especially if the Chinese websites, web shops and sales brokers make it easier/less hassle and safer to do so.
Tim
Agree . The only thing is the Chinese need to revamp their sizes to include true European and US sizing. Then I think their jackets will take off.

Smithy

Tim
Agree . The only thing is the Chinese need to revamp their sizes to include true European and US sizing. Then I think their jackets will take off.

Excellent point Burt. If they make the sizing fit with European/US size ranges as well then they'll really be off. The Chinese repro market is the sleeping giant that we've just started to see stir with things like Bob Dong and Bronson over the last year or two.

If they really did things properly, and that's from the products (accuracy, quality, sizing, etc) to the sales delivery model then they could really be a major player in the repro market and actually if they did it exceptionally well they could change the market.

Bombing IP

When I was in the field on service ,I used to work with German service techs from Waldner out of Wangen south Germany . They all had tool rolls with Files ,the type of file for filing metal . The makers name on the roll was DICK ,I understand they also make Kitchen knives ( the big Dicks were expensive ) . So Germany is also picking names that do not travel well .

BIP

B-Man2

Awww man ....... :D
Big Dick Knife and Tools
A marketing success I would imagine:)
(You’re cracking me up IP;))
When I was in the field on service ,I used to work with German service techs from Waldner out of Wangen south Germany . They all had tool rolls with Files ,the type of file for filing metal . The makers name on the roll was DICK ,I understand they also make Kitchen knives ( the big Dicks were expensive ) . So Germany is also picking names that do not travel well .

BIP

colekwok

Tim

This is going to take a while, for 2 simple reasons, 1. they are almost direct clones of the Japanese makers, 2. their biggest market is still mainland China.

Teddy

So from my observation on Taobao, it seems that Bob Dong is more generous than Bronson in terms of good quality fabrics and materials? Example: the N1 deck jacket lining from Dong has 95% wool + 5% polyester while the N1 from Bronson has 75% wool + 25%.

But Bronson is still a bit more of a faithful repro than Dong? Example: A2 deck jacket from Dong has 95% wool + 5% polyester lining (same as N1) while Bronson's got the correct 100% nylon lining.

Both seem to be catching up at least on the cheaper fabrics like the cotton shell, none can do 100% alpaca at the price they offer.

Question: Can anyone testify as to how durable these Chinese jackets are compared to the Japanese counterparts?

colekwok

So from my observation on Taobao, it seems that Bob Dong is more generous than Bronson in terms of good quality fabrics and materials? Example: the N1 deck jacket lining from Dong has 95% wool + 5% polyester while the N1 from Bronson has 75% wool + 25%.

But Bronson is still a bit more of a faithful repro than Dong? Example: A2 deck jacket from Dong has 95% wool + 5% polyester lining (same as N1) while Bronson's got the correct 100% nylon lining.

Both seem to be catching up at least on the cheaper fabrics like the cotton shell, none can do 100% alpaca at the price they offer.

Question: Can anyone testify as to how durable these Chinese jackets are compared to the Japanese counterparts?

I doubt that there is any obvious differences between the 2 companies. I am still skeptical about all the labels that come out from the PRC anyway. The different materials found on those jackets mentioned may just be down to the 'originals (or Japanese repros)' that they obtained for reverse-engineering purposes.
At the end of the day, you simply cannot beat their prices for the quality they offer. So far I am very happy with the items that I bought from these two makers (except that the pockets of my Bronson B-10 are not very leveled).

Teddy

@colekwok Right I'm talking about tiny but still obvious differences here. You can't really call an A2 deck jacket with wool lining faithful because it's a nylon lining jacket. But yes, for that cheap a price I might venture into a N1 jacket and just see how the quality is.

Flightengineer

Gentlemen, Bronson B-15A is OK with the dimensions and their correspondence to the original. I had the opportunity to compare the measurements of the original B-15A jacket in size 40 with my repro from Bronson of the same size. They totally the same. Another thing is that these Chinese companies do not produce large sizes (46, 48) popular with modern people.

Carl

Gentlemen, Bronson B-15A is OK with the dimensions and their correspondence to the original. I had the opportunity to compare the measurements of the original B-15A jacket in size 40 with my repro from Bronson of the same size. They totally the same. Another thing is that these Chinese companies do not produce large sizes (46, 48) popular with modern people.
Good job im a 38/40 :)

colekwok

@colekwok Right I'm talking about tiny but still obvious differences here. You can't really call an A2 deck jacket with wool lining faithful because it's a nylon lining jacket. But yes, for that cheap a price I might venture into a N1 jacket and just see how the quality is.

That is very true.

Thomas Koehle

BIP

Actually the company is still existing not that far from my home (about 10 km) - they produce mostly kitchen knives but previously also made files/rasps. Their portfolio offers DICK in all sizes ... :)

Earloffunk

Just took delivery of two Dongs. :p I prefer the bigger one as the small one is too restricting. Smaller one will be send back to China. Pictures are to follow soon.

First impression: Nice jacket, don't like the shoulder roundel too much as it looks a little strange but the jacket appears to be very comfy and will keep me warm. Special note: both Dongs have a slight smell to them - will probably need some fresh air.