• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B10 from BOB DONG

Thomas Koehle

pretty often it pays out to have old workmates/pals all around the world ...

I just received a new repop B10 outta china which a fellow workmate brought straight from Beijing

the jacket was made by BOB DONG - a "competitor" for BRONSON

I just snapped a couple of quick pics - as you see some of them in the restroom - and want to share with you guys

the first impression is awesome - really like her and was exactly after one with the red knittings which Bronson as far as I know does not produce in my size (44)

will give her a more detailed examination tonight at home and keep you guys updated

don`t worry about my serious face on the pics - just didn`t want to smile in the restroom in case somebody would step in ... : )

MXvGVA7.jpg

8uM1Pi1.jpg

UnLyzVc.jpg

BeoUace.jpg

Zuk2b1L.jpg

MDJ1tR9.jpg

Thomas Koehle

also got a set of USMC P44 - but as far as I know they have been produced in olive hbt only but not in duckhunter cammie?

bj7ly05.jpg

z3Tmwe3.jpg

did not had time to try `em on but first impression ain`t bad

finally I ordered what the call "Navy vest" - made out of djungle cloth like N1`s with the same hooks - 2 each side - which als where used on early deck jackets ...

R8zL57L.jpg

zLt10mM.jpg

YDt9Z8z.jpg

more like a "freestyle" design but should match some cloths in my closet

B-Man2

Thomas
That's a good looking B-10. I especially like the (wine or rust ?) knits. The jacket fits you very well for a China repro. Most of the time they are too small for the size they list on the tag. But yours looks great.
Roll on down the highway brother! ;)

B-Man2

The first link is to an eBay seller named Xinwater. Earlier this week I purchased a B-15a and a L-2b from her. For the prices quoted I took a chance on her XXL size for both jackets. Once they arrive I'll post some pictures and do a short review on them for you guys.:)

Thomas Koehle

The first link is to an eBay seller named Xinwater. Earlier this week I purchased a B-15a and a L-2b from her. For the prices quoted I took a chance on her XXL size for both jackets. Once they arrive I'll post some pictures and do a short review on them for you guys.:)

be prepared a Chinese XXL means 44 in the "western world" ...

looking forward to some fitpics

Silver Surfer

the gear looks fine, but, imho,, ya better rethink pix in the rest room. unless, of course, the vlj is going in a new, unprecedented direction. hahahaha.

Thomas Koehle

the gear looks fine, but, imho,, ya better rethink pix in the rest room. unless, of course, the vlj is going in a new, unprecedented direction. hahahaha.

will keep that in mind - actually I was considering to take all the rest of the clothes off but was simply too cold ... - and was the only available room with such a large mirror ... :)

Thomas Koehle

That vest!! Dang, I REALLY like it, may go well with some of my daily clothes!

if you`re interested I can post some fitpics ...

there is another one of my pals comin` in from China by end of the month - maybe he can bring along another one ...

Cocker

if you`re interested I can post some fitpics ...

there is another one of my pals comin` in from China by end of the month - maybe he can bring along another one ...

Some fit pics would be interesting, indeed! I saw they were also available on the eBay link you posted.

B-Man2

fingers crossed they will fit ...

Well ... they just may. Let me show you why. A few years back I purchased one of the first B-10s coming out of China in a size 44. With the exception of some bogus patches that were put on the sleeves, the jacket fit perfectly and was super. The linning the knits and the fabric was very well done. Now I know I'm going to raise a few eyebrows here, but I have to say I like the jacket and the fit better than my Eastman Rough Wear , which was always a little short on me. The China B10 is also a little heavier ( read that warmer) than the ELC Rough Wear. In fact I like this jacket so much that my ELC B10 is currently up for sale on EBay. And with that here is the one I'm keeping;

IMG_6543.JPG
IMG_6541.JPG
View attachment 2653
IMG_6544.JPG
IMG_6547.JPG
IMG_6546.JPG
IMG_6550.JPG
View attachment 2659

Last edited: