• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B10 from BOB DONG

Brettafett

Ooooh, you must incl that when you post your review. I will certainly be looking closer at their other stuff now.

Brettafett

I do know that the guy I bought this from (Ebay), told me that the 'new' batch will be available end of this month. I'm keen to see if theres any difference.
Definitely a 44 should be available, not sure about a 46. Perhaps Schmauder can ask his source, or post it here for guys to check up themselves.
I would say that lengths are standard for a given size, but they run a bit bigger in the body. Not by much.
For example. I am 5'10, 72kgs and trim as a carrot. The 42 has good lengths for me (and I am pedantic regs lengths), the shoulders run off ever so slightly and theres enough room in the body for LOTS of burgers and beer... or a jumper I will never wear under a B-10 as its warm enough... i.e., a bigger bloke at 5'10 would find this 42 jacket a perfect fit.
If I had a 42 to 44 chest, I recon this would still fit comfortably.
The 40 would be better in the body, but I can tell immediately that the lengths would bug me.

Edit: I am toying with the idea to have the body professionally taken in 1.5 to 2 inches. At the price I paid, this would be acceptable for sure, if it results in a trimmer body fit.
But will give it a better fit and check over the weekend.

Flightengineer

Brett, congratulations, the last times sending from China is so fast. I got my B-15A in 9 days.
As for hamburgers ... you probably want to wash your B-10 jacket to give it a small vintage look and fit can become as you need and you'll don't have to go to McDonalds or Burger King :)
Now is the weather for these jackets. I'm coming home tomorrow and I hope to wear my Bronson B-15 and Skyline too. Looooove this jackets.

Looking forward your review.

Brettafett

:D:D
Yes, it was about 9 days in fact.... and YES, just in time for winter. Wash it.... Mmmm yes, but I don't want to wash the knit or collar. I do intend to go back and read Thomas' and your reviews to get some inspiration.

Thomas Koehle

Wow!

That was really fast!

Currently there is socalled "Golden Week" in China where the whole country is on the move - people livin` and working in th ebigger cities move to their families in the rural areas and almost all business stops. That was usually the only time in the year where you could get through Beijing without any traffic jams.

So far - like "Schmauder" already stated I never heard either BOB DONG or BRONSON produce in sizes larger than 44 - so sorry for the larger guys. As far as my expectation some of the high-end / high price manufacturers will have problems to keep up with the quality of the Chinese stuff.

Still there are sometimes differences in Quality of the different production batches but they get it done.

I`m still that exited with the khaki/berry version of the BOB DONG B10 I will try to get one in OD also.

Saludos

Thomas

Schmauder

If anyone sitting in Europe wants to order Bob Dong stuff, it might be done over this agent: https://tingtingsnest.com/china-shopping-guide/taobao-agenten/taobao-agent-deutsch
I ordered my B-10 along with other items over her, and it went very well. If you skip the golden week, it took about a week from the first mail to the package being in Germany.
She takes a provision, but you're still better off than with using an official agent. The site is in German, but either Goggle Translate or one of us Germans here will help you out.

Greg Gale

@Thomas Koehle , I'd have a few questions for you please: were the Bronson B-10's collar and lining so "Teddy bear-like" before washing too? Is the BD's collar really bigger in size than the Bronson's? Also, I'm curious about the green color vs Bob Dong's green. It appears that BD-s are more faded? Could that be correct? The mouton on the other hand seems to be darker on BDs. I'm in a dilemma as to which one to order. The sizing is one big plus for the BD.

My list of assumed advantages of each:

BD:
- Better sizing
- Darker collar (?)
- Better lining & Mouton
- No cuff seam

Bronson:
- Darker green (?)
- Smaller collar (?)
- Lighter knits
- Working pencil pocket

Last edited:

Greg Gale

I translated the sizing too, from taobao (L):

BD
Chest: 22"
Shoulder: 17 3/4"
Length: 26"
Sleeve: 25 1/4"

BR
Chest: 23"
Shoulder: 18 1/2"
Length: 25 1/4"
Sleeve: 25 1/4"

So apparently the BR is roomier in the chest and shoulders, same sleeve length and a bit shorter. Should be less prone to riding up due to the wider shoulders. How thick are these? I need less than 22" chest on A-2s, but happy with 24" on my MA-1.

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

@Thomas Koehle , I'd have a few questions for you please: were the Bronson B-10's collar and lining so "Teddy bear-like" before washing too? Is the BD's collar really bigger in size than the Bronson's? Also, I'm curious about the green color vs Bob Dong's green. It appears that BD-s are more faded? Could that be correct? The mouton on the other hand seems to be darker on BDs. I'm in a dilemma as to which one to order. The sizing is one big plus for the BD.

My list of assumed advantages of each:

BD:
- Better sizing
- Darker collar (?)
- Better lining & Mouton
- No cuff seam

Bronson:
- Darker green (?)
- Smaller collar (?)
- Lighter knits
- Working pencil pocket

Hi Greg,

for my comparison I used the BRONSON in the OD version but the BD in the khaki-version with the berry-knits ... - due to that I do not have a clue how the BD in OD might fade

as for your questions:

yes collar and lining on the BRONSON was pretty fluffy even before the tour through the washing machine - so far I did not recognize any major difference before or after the wash - simply after the wash some of th efibers of the lining where kinda loose but after giving her a decent brushing with a clothes-brush everything was fine

the collar of the BD really is a thad larger than off the BRONSON

with th summary of the PRO`s and CON`s you basically nailed it - still for me my choice would be also to get a BD in OD in my size which I still try - overall I like the BD version more but that`s a pretty subjective decision

for the "fading" just these 2 pics from today - didn`t wash the jacket every since the first time

Y5MeY9v.jpg

bdSerMG.jpg

and for size-comparison a pic with the khaki/berry version of my BD - pic was taken a couple of months ago before I brought the jacket to Germany

Zuk2b1L.jpg

Greg Gale

Thomas, thank you for the feedback. Balancing all, I just place an order for a green Bronson. Looking at all the pictures I could find, I suppose the cloth is darker, and the knits are lighter, which is the way I'd want it. With the BD I'd probably want to replace the knits, which would cost more than the jacket itself. I prefer the Bronson's pockets too, as well as the collar shape. The Bronson's collar seems to be a lighter blonde, but oh well, I can live with that.

Flightengineer

Today carefully looked at pics in Bob Dong B-15 listing .
By the way, a serious disadvantage is the marking on the buttons. Looks like legacy of early Avirex...

s-l1600.jpg

Bronson is OK with this, the buttons are smooth as on the original.

Technonut2112

A little OT, but..... A 'heads-up' for folks who may have been waiting for Bronson's 2018 B-10 run.... This eBay seller has size 40-44 IN-STOCK. Only the rust knits available for the size 44 ATM, since I seem to have purchased the last size 44 with green knits from them.. ;)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173606958281