B10 from BOB DONG

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by Thomas Koehle, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Earloffunk

Earloffunk Well-Known Member

m0ZFgE+vR+Oi9vcgvOatOw.jpg bzTc4EBBRlW7h4nFcRK6uw.jpg EyKoNgf8SZyBLxbERBAk1w.jpg Here's the size 42 Dong. It is a bit roomy but the smaller one was too restricting even with only a shirt worn underneath. Been wearing it for a bit yesterday and its very warm.

2. Brettafett

Brettafett Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that! Looks great, well done ;)
    Appearance of fit is exactly like so many WW2 photos also, so no worries about that... I love the lengths.

Earloffunk likes this.
  3. Earloffunk

Earloffunk Well-Known Member

Me too. And after all I am wearing the jacket not only for looks it also serves a purpose.

4. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

I think it looks great.
    You can’t beat them for the money !

Earloffunk likes this.
  5. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

Jacket itself as well as the fit look both splendid to me - good choice for the size

Earloffunk likes this.
  6. ties70

ties70 Well-Known Member

... There is nothing more hilarious than guys showing each other their Dongs and comparing sizing...

Earloffunk likes this.
  7. ties70

ties70 Well-Known Member

Of course I am just pi**ed off by the fact that all these Dongs are too small for me....

Earloffunk likes this.
  8. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Ties
    Your a pretty big guy.
    I don’t think you’d look good with a small Dong!
    (Here we go again:rolleyes:)

ties70 and Earloffunk like this.
  9. Garylafortuna

Garylafortuna Active Member

Greeted the postman bearing gifts today, taking possession of a very well made B-10 by Mr Bob Dong. It is the exact same jacket as posted by Earloffunk. Same size too. When comparing this jacket with my Bronson B-10, I have to admit that it is a cut above. The wool lining is of better quality and denser than the Bronson. The collar is larger and more luxurious and probably too big when compared to an original, but I really like it that way. The outer shell is of a finer weave, but feels thicker. One thing that is really noticeable is the wind flap on the Bob Dong is thicker and firmer than on the Bronson. The only thing that is of higher quality on the Bronson is the knitted cuffs. The ones on the Dong are a little too short in comparison. This Bob Dong B-10 is definitely more of a Sunday go to meeting kind of jacket than its cousin the Bronson.

What with all this "Dong" speak, may I be so bold as to suggest that henceforth any references to Bob Dong be termed "BD".

Earloffunk and B-Man2 like this.
  10. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Nice Dong Earl!

By the sounds of it Ties needs a big Dong but sadly there seem to be only small Dongs coming out of China.

Earloffunk and B-Man2 like this.
  11. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Gary
    Thank for the brief review. That sounds like the B-10 to own, based on the quality of the workmanship and materials. Unfortunately I’m with Ties in that until they make some larger sizes, we are out of the mix on this one. But I’m glad to see that someone is getting the benefit of a good quality produced B-10. Please post something again after you wear it for a while and let us know how it’s making out.
    Cheers

12. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

That was definitely worth a “like”:)

Earloffunk and Smithy like this.
  13. Garylafortuna

Garylafortuna Active Member

I don't know if it will do any good but I did make mention to the ebay vendor dizlitchi2 ( Lee ) to try to convince the Bob Dong people to manufacture larger sizes. Sooner or more probably later the lights will switch to on for them.

Monsoon, Earloffunk and B-Man2 like this.