• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B1 Cap

bombs away

Hi,
Here are the pics.
Original caps are hard to find.
If someone has one taking the dust somewhere... :roll:

Tim.

First on the right
2441795609_46ba112bbe_o.jpg

Second on the right
2442625200_f6882c0de7_o.jpg

Geir

Am I wrong or is the B1 a cap that wasn't used all that much? WPG also has B1s by the way.

Geir

Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid I need a 7 1/2. Is it a good cap? It's not as expensive as the ELC and the shipping is about the same.

fishmeok

It's OK, I wasn't happy with the way the top seam was sewn so I redid it. The style just doesn't look right on my head for some reason. but compared to what Eastman is getting these days it's a bargain, and it IS a decent repro.
Cheers
Mark

I think I'll pass on B1, they dont look that cool.

The first pic looks a bit like one of those Jap army ones and the second pic's peak looks a bit flat.
The coolness rating could of course be influenced by the overall look of the pic 2 guy.
What are those trousers he's wearing :D

better duck

johnny english said:
(...) peak looks a bit flat.

You see me wearing ELC's B1 here, and I agree with the above statement. I mainly have it hanging on the wall, as it isn't all that comfortable and just doesn't look right with the totally flat (instead of curved) peak. The curve you see in the picture is force bent by me, but it only stays that way for a limited time before returning to flatter 'n flat. Part of the uncomfortable fit is caused by the leather band lining the innerside. I've tried to stretch it in a number of ways (brute force, wetting it, then brute force) but not much improvement fit-wise.

IMG_2262A.jpg

I like the A3 Mechanics cap I bought at the same time much better. It is very pliable and comfy to wear. Don't know how many aircrew actually wore this cap in those days, but I like to wear it, as in this photo with my ELC Star Sportswear:

IMG_2892B.jpg

pablocham

I have the Mash B-1 and, as everybody else has said about this hat, not so comfortable. The leather lining leaves a dent in my forehead. Like Better Duck I prefer the A-3.

better duck said:
johnny english said:
(...) peak looks a bit flat.

You see me wearing ELC's B1 here, and I agree with the above statement. I mainly have it hanging on the wall, as it isn't all that comfortable and just doesn't look right with the totally flat (instead of curved) peak. The curve you see in the picture is force bent by me, but it only stays that way for a limited time before returning to flatter 'n flat. Part of the uncomfortable fit is caused by the leather band lining the innerside. I've tried to stretch it in a number of ways (brute force, wetting it, then brute force) but not much improvement fit-wise.

IMG_2262A.jpg

Ummmmm,

Maybe you just got the wrong size?

My ELC B-1 is my go-to cap, it's getting quite scruffy, it's been around the globe a few times and I'm going to buy another.

Pic's from May 2006.

I'm very happy with it,

BEVAN

P1010040.jpg

P1010041.jpg

Yeh , the B1 looks OK on you , maybe it depends on head shape, did you have to treat the peak to "curve " it ?

Nice jacket too, is that an Eastman warhorse ?

johnny english said:
Yeh , the B1 looks OK on you , maybe it depends on head shape, did you have to treat the peak to "curve " it ?

Nice jacket too, is that an Eastman warhorse ?

Normal hat sz for me is 62 cm. I don't baby my stuff, I continually shape the peak if I think it needs some shape.

Jacket is a Few Bronco in a laquer finished HH. Grain on upper sleeve panels on request and sleeves tapered to give forearm creasing.

BEVAN