• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-6 jacket made in Italy

FreddyF9

Hello everyone, during my search for a good B-6 replica I found this:

It’s a vintage style clothing manufacturer based in Milan, I never bought anything for them but this B-6, in my opinion, looks interesting... I thought it was a pretty good replica at first, even though, there are some details off. I don’t have that much knowledge on B-6s but I think that the fleece looks a bit too yellowish and too thick...
What are you thoughts/impressions about it?

FreddyF9

@daw I already know about Five Star, Shawn is a great guy who cares a lot about his products and clients. I’m following the development of a Five Star made B-6, as the one I posted (just like many others) is a bit too pricey for me. Thank you for your answer and have a nice day :)

Enigma1938

Absolute stupid price in my opinion and even more so with the faux fur.
I don't know why but everyone thinks "made in italy" means the item is something special and valuable - even it's not. That results in prices way over the top.
Nice jacket, but a fair price would be a quarter of the announced one.

Bombing IP

I really do not know how the companies making things come up with their prices .On my Gmail I get postings about Heddels ,Raleigh Denim works,Gear Patrol ,Huckberry ,Standard & Strange ,Ginew .Their prices are through the roof like $140 for a white T shirt ,who can afford these items .I mean its not as if they are tip of the sword leading fashion . Would it not be better to do volume with lower prices ,this would give security to these start up niche companies .After all we all do not work at the Stock Exchange .Me I just don't get it even at 1/3 of the price it seems expensive .

BIP

busdrivermike

That’s an unjustifiably stupid price for faux sheepskin it’s nearly 3800 Canadian especially when you consider
Faux shearling fur is made from soft synthetic material designed without the steep price tag and need for costly upkeep, i.e. dry cleaning. Most faux shearling is 100 percent acrylic, which means it has the added convenience of being hand- or machine-washable.
But as was said by people in the past [ in the year 1557.Thomas Tusser in a poem he wrote called Five Hundred Points of Good Husbandry, “A Fool And His Money Are Soon Parted”
And the old adage “There’s a sucker born every minute” attributed to P.T. Barnum’s but may actually be from a banker named David Hannum As they were involved in a court case involving the Cardiff giant
I was watching some history stuff on mysterious things earlier this morning sent me down a rabbit hole
Of historical facts :cool:
Can’t say I would feel sorry for anyone who buy one

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

yikes! seems to go Hand in hand with the rest of their stuff, ie: not at all right, and nutzo expensive. do peeps actually buy this stuff? as per the "b-6", there are several repro makers, making damn nice b-6 jacs, and they are made of.......thats right sheepskin, not pleather. what's more, almost to a one, the others are way less expensive then faux foretela. buy a fortela and risk a head slap, again, and again, and again.