• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-25J “Old Glory" crashed Saturday Sept. 19th 2020

Edward

“Old Glory, ” serial number 44-28938,
California
C294E08F-02D8-43CE-8501-BF4D341A9CFD.png
769C7805-A3CC-4ADC-AF1A-99D99DF90245.png
B554E1A2-0DC2-4A02-923F-82EDFEDB03DE.png
3AB7D8DF-0D84-4D25-81C2-3AAD4A224B17.png

Otter

I am glad everyone got out, hopefully the injuries are not too bad.
Lots of wrinkled skin but maybe not too bad, nothing money can't fix. If they are raising money I will buy a patch of it, one of my favourite aircraft. Engine and wing look a bit nasty, depends on the spar.

B-Man2

I wonder if anyone here has ever had a chance to fly on “Old Glory “ during one of the air shows that make their way around the country.

Edward

I wonder if anyone here has ever had a chance to fly on “Old Glory “ during one of the air shows that make their way around the country.
certainly would like to have. this particular airplane has changed hands a few times and has been back on the market for a few years now. the last sale listing I found was dated 2018 and I don't think it had yet sold since then.

Lorenzo_l

Happy to read that crew and passengers are safe. Sad to see a crumpled warbird. Warbird restorers work wonders these days. I would not be surprised if she gets back in the at some point in the future. I hope she does!

Micawber

Saw this on Farcebook. These things happen. Glad the crew survived, the a/c, or at least bits of it will fly again.

Brent

Good to hear no serious injuries. Not sure way it saddens me to hear another one has gone down. Used to be they will be replaced, now that not necessarily the case. Another small piece of history lost.
The guy across the street where I grew up was a pilot of B-25 Mitchell. I recall all of his metals and photos. Left quite an impression me. Guess I'm just feeling a bit nostalgic this morning.

Regards,

Flightengineer

They got worse than that back in the air back in the day; however, lots of donor parts to pounce on...

Donor parts are great, but it need to reassemble the fuselage and center section. Frames and stringers are definitely deformed, skin replacing no big problem. She will have to be partially rebuilt, and not just restored.

ausreenactor

Donor parts are great, but it need to reassemble the fuselage and center section. Frames and stringers are definitely deformed, skin replacing no big problem. She will have to be partially rebuilt, and not just restored.
No donor aircraft these days. Fabrication as you said. Take the insurance money and reinvest....