• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-11 parka, jacket identification, help pls.

Pilot

The Moda Coat Co contract, AC-977 dates to the 1944 fiscal year as do all ten B-11 contracts and orders.
Thx a lot Andrew,
Any idea whether the split hood is original or modified? ( modified by USAAF- USAF for their contract workers in Japan and Korea).
Seller said modified...

Last edited:

Pilot

4FE7DB37-D045-4643-BE53-74AD9963E8E4.jpeg
AA978E11-F126-4069-A8CB-F624B11D72D6.jpeg
My MODA COAT is back ( to the original ...non splitted hood )from my tailor.

Carl

That is another moda - I think yours is legit. At that px, no need to think at all esp. the condition is so good :)
But 1 thing, I am only being suspecticle & maybe all wrong, I have seen 2-3 Moda B-11, in my memory all of them are with white fur, I have not seen in my memory a Moda with a brown fur. Moda perhaps is the ONLY B-11 manufacturer that comes with white fur.However, since all other details look fine, it is sufficient to believe it is an original, save the Talon hood Zip, B-11 has no hood zip, IMO. View attachment 7373
Daan Clothing also produced a "white" hooded version

Carl

Well thats the 10 B11/A10 contracts found and recorded !
Another set of contracts to tick off the list and another step forward towards a reference bible .

AirCorpsDrew

I was all excited to add to this discussion with photos of the B-11 I recently bought, but then realized that I bought THIS ONE. LOL, I never would have even suspected that the hood had been repaired. Beauty of a job!