• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-10 -- which exterior fabric?

WingAndaPrayer

Has anyone got any recommendations for a B10 that doesn't have the decal on the arm? Still after the alpaca lining and mouton collar, only one I can find is Aero but I've not read the best reviews on them, what do people think?
I have a FiveStar B-10. You can order them with or without the shoulder decal. The collar is real fur and the lining is acrylic fur, but it’s very nicely done and is very similar to alpaca to the touch. The jacket shell has a smooth feel and is definitely cotton. It feels very thick and sturdy as opposed to a different cotton jacket, which feels thin and flimsy in comparison.

WingAndaPrayer

Has anyone got any recommendations for a B10 that doesn't have the decal on the arm? Still after the alpaca lining and mouton collar, only one I can find is Aero but I've not read the best reviews on them, what do people think?
Here are some close ups of the my B-10. You can see the material pretty good.
C083270C-A4C9-4B9E-BBE1-8D1CE546C8BE.jpeg
6EB79B34-DD99-46B0-A4AB-7D3BE9588DD9.jpeg
2CED3177-38D6-4868-B797-8FA7D3574B6F.jpeg
1E425CA8-157E-4B32-921D-9CA31815635B.jpeg

WingAndaPrayer

Did I read that right?.... Size 58?
That’s awesome that 5 star makes that size.
Are you stopping with the B-10 or have you purchased one of their A2’s ?
You did. I’m a big guy. I have an ANJ3 from them and I’m going to get an A-2. I’ve pretty much decided on a United Sheeplined in seal steer with the new wool seal knits, but, I’m holding off to see how the new Star Sportswear turns out with that new horsehide Shaw is developing for it.

B-Man2

You did. I’m a big guy. I have an ANJ3 from them and I’m going to get an A-2. I’ve pretty much decided on a United Sheeplined in seal steer with the new wool seal knits, but, I’m holding off to see how the new Star Sportswear turns out with that new horsehide Shaw is developing for it.
They sound like some pretty good choices . I really am interested in seeing how your jacket turns out so please keep us posted .
Cheers

Smithy

Despite the idea that you'd get from repros (that the vast majority had the meatball) the actual truth is that a substantial proportion of originals did not have it.

In terms of the ATF version which Brett and Burt have mentioned, I would be exceedingly surprised if their new version will have it. The ATF will also almost certainly not have alpaca lining. On previous versions they've used a fake fur lining, which is actually exceedingly comfortable to wear and no itchiness like alpaca can often have, I actually really like it but them I'm not a big fan of alpaca linings. Think of this jacket like ATF's fleece lined tanker and you've pretty much hit the nail on the head about what it is.

I have two of their B-10s because I just love them. They are built incredibly robustly, oh and the collar is real mouton like an original.

Here's the link to their last run which has sold out but there's a new run coming out shortly...

https://www.atthefront.com/product-p/usujb10.htm

PS - I'll try and take some photos of my ones over the next few days to show what they look like after some wear.

Lenroydavis88

Despite the idea that you'd get from repros (that the vast majority had the meatball) the actual truth is that a substantial proportion of originals did not have it.

In terms of the ATF version which Brett and Burt have mentioned, I would be exceedingly surprised if their new version will have it. The ATF will also almost certainly not have alpaca lining. On previous versions they've used a fake fur lining, which is actually exceedingly comfortable to wear and no itchiness like alpaca can often have, I actually really like it but them I'm not a big fan of alpaca linings. Think of this jacket like ATF's fleece lined tanker and you've pretty much hit the nail on the head about what it is.

I have two of their B-10s because I just love them. They are built incredibly robustly, oh and the collar is real mouton like an original.

Here's the link to their last run which has sold out but there's a new run coming out shortly...

https://www.atthefront.com/product-p/usujb10.htm

PS - I'll try and take some photos of my ones over the next few days to show what they look like after some wear.
the fit on the ATF looks bang on, looks like a great option especially for the price. Thanks for the info