• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-10 quest

Dimitry M

Ideally I’d want a B-10 close to this or I could get a pair of RW A-9 trousers. Which make the B-10 search easier. I like the dark collar and the light but not shell matched knit color.

Dany McDonald

I think Eastman (Rough Wear AC-964) is your best match for cloth & knits color and overall true to the original (label has manufacturer name too). But the Eastman collar is a wonky red not really original.

The Dann clothing AC-971 as far as I know is not reproduced per say. But some RM editions (Stagg) have that specific pale chocolate brown knits that you are after, I have the (Stagg AC-972) and it's a beauty.

Now there is the elusive Buzz Fitzwell (44-10479) which is one of my fav as it looks like an original beside the label but the knits are green.

D

Grant

Can't speak to current Eastman B-10's and alpaca/alpaca blends, but the alpaca lining in the ones I've bought second hand sure look identical to the lining in my original Arnoff B-15 and Rough Wear B-10 (sold off recently) and are just as warm. Ditto for my old Real McCoy's Stagg B-10.
Maybe BR has upped their game, but the lining in my old BR Rough Wear B-10 was crap when it to keeping me warm.
BTW, don't give up on the second hand when looking for a good reproduction B-10. Except for my old RM Stagg, all the others were bought second hand.

Dany McDonald

Here's Buzz Fitzwell 44-10479 and an original... even the cloth is close in color... The Alpaca is also the brown/pinkish tint of original.

i-img800x845-1606637916wtywex456729.jpg

2023-thumb-autox452-3896.jpg

917_k

If the seller won’t ship to the US, let me know, they can send it to me and I’ll happily ship it on to you (at whatever it costs).

Dany McDonald

Dimitri, respectfully, I'd stay away from Buzz in-house Crown #5 zip... It will eventually fail, it's been covered here in several posts. It's also non authentic for Type B-10, look for brass Conmar or Talon.

Just my two cents...

Dany

Dimitry M

yes my trousers are a size 38 and the jacket is a 34 but I'm not sure how can find another B-10 of this contract for this price again

917_k

I hope you’re prepared to pay a bit, because the chances of that jacket staying at that price are slim. The fact it’s a size 34 won’t help it, as it’s going to be too small for most people, but prices for original B-10s have shot up in the last year and this one is in good condition.