• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-10 Now Available at WPG ($95.00 USD)

Technonut2112

I just received notification of WPG's B-10 jacket availability. From what I see, not bad at all for only $95.00 USD:

(Click To Enlarge):

US AAF B-10 Flight Jacket_L.jpg US AAF B-10 Flight Jacket_L2.jpg US AAF B-10 Flight Jacket_L4.jpg US AAF B-10 Flight Jacket_L5.jpg

Brettafett

Interesting. Looks good.
I recently checked in with ATF and they told me their B-10 is delayed, with no idea of eta.
Wonder how these compare with Bronson and Bob Dongs...

Technonut2112

Interesting. Looks good.
I recently checked in with ATF and they told me their B-10 is delayed, with no idea of eta.
Wonder how these compare with Bronson and Bob Dongs...

I think the Bronson / BD versions keep their place as the best budget B-10 out there for the $$ as far as overall authenticity is concerned, but coming in at just about 1/2 the cost, the WPG looks to be a great alternative for those wanting a nice knock-around / patchable B-10. The Genuine mouton collar makes the price even more attractive IMO.

I actually like how they made the interior kind of 'B-15'ish with the skirt across the bottom, and dual snap pockets. IME, WPG's stuff almost always looks even better in-the-flesh than their pics show, and will more than likely grab one of these to make into an inexpensive, comfortable, CBI jacket.

Brettafett

Thing is, for us UK guys, we'll be charged postage, import duties and taxes from US. No doubt.
Bronson's from China incl. free postage and there are no import or taxes (maybe only a virus or two lol)

Technonut2112

WPG ships many of their garments from a warehouse in Dubai. I've received a couple of things from there over the years. The more I look at this B-10, the more I like it... One of my favorite jackets to wear when working around the house in chilly weather is a Chinese B-15A (Modified) jacket I picked up a number of years ago on AliExpress for a great price. The jacket is nicely done, and a fairly accurate rendition, only with synthetic 'alpaca' lining. VERY easy to launder and care for, as well as warm. This B-10 will suit a similar purpose as a CBI patched knock-around jacket which won't upset me to get some hard use, unlike the Buzz's and The Few B-10's in my collection...

Technonut2112

Just noticed a review posted for one of these.. I'm glad I waited now since there's a deal-breaker involved for me:

the buttons are a tad too large, and there are modern day hand warmer pockets

Personally, regardless of the low price, I cannot abide hand-warmers, even on a knock-around B-10 repro.. IMO, that bit of info should be included in the description before making a purchase...

Technonut2112

I recently sold my new-with-tags Bronson B-10 on the classies... I was hoping that this WPG version would work as an easy-to-launder, inexpensive, but superficially accurate B-10 patch jacket. The Bronson was quite nice...actually too nice to patch and do outdoor chores in IMO.. The 70% wool lining isn't exactly machine washer friendly either. Perhaps the ATF version will fit the bill when finally available if at a similar price-point..

Technonut2112

I have found Bronson's sizing chart for their garments to be accurate. In fact, their B-10 pretty much follows Buzz Rickson's RW and ST B-10 repro measurements. Just check the charts carefully before making a purchase..

s4rmark

I’m a 40 and prefer a trim fit , for instance my Buzz Ricksons nylon jackets are a 38 but fit like a 40 . I will look at the Bronson sizing chart.