• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-10 From Five Star

Peter242

Hi all,

i´m looking for a B-10 from 5Star.

Does anyone have one and -if yes- in which color combination ??

Actual i´am between those combinations:

Fabric 1 / Fur: Reddish Brown / Knitting Real Wool Russet
OR
Fabric 3 / Fur: Grey Brown / Knitting: Olive Green

Any Opions / Suggestions / Experiences are welccome ...

Thanks
Peter

FabricColor.JPG

Attachments

• Knitting.JPG
    Knitting.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Fur.JPG
    Fur.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 211

ausreenactor

Couchy,

you would have made a perfect coke dealer...

Or maybe not, taking into consideration your "hoarding-stuff-for-myself" character... ;)

Ties
I would have gone with car sales.... but I like the way you think Ties!

Maybe we just dip into my stash? ;)

ties70

Speaking of Five Star’s B-series jackets, does anyone know if Shawn is still trying to source the Alpaca/wool pile lining? Or has he settled for the fake fur lining?

Jan,

With all the new and diverse projects of FS plus the recent photos of FS B-10 owners, I would think it's the second.

To be honest, I was wondering at the beginning if poaching in the Dong / Bronson price and quality area was a wise decision for Shawn, but obviously buyers are happier with western sizing than with better lining...

Ties

mulceber

Jan,

With all the new and diverse projects of FS plus the recent photos of FS B-10 owners, I would think it's the second.

To be honest, I was wondering at the beginning if poaching in the Dong / Bronson price and quality area was a wise decision for Shawn, but obviously buyers are happier with western sizing than with better lining...

Ties

That's unfortunate, but it makes a lot of sense. I'd been hoping to get a really accurate B-15 made, maybe even sending an original to Shawn (if I can acquire a nice one), but I'm a stickler for the pile lining, so that's a problem for me. Does anybody know of a source for the alpaca (or wool) pile fabric? Maybe I could send Shawn the fabric.

Peter242

At the risk of being gutted and hung out to dry, my first choice would be a Bronson . For the price they charge their jackets are superb and the sizing of their 44 fits me and I’m a 46,
so why sacrifice anything?
The Bronson looks pretty cool, but I’ve got a 46inch chest and I’m 6,1 tall - I’m not sure if the 44 bronson will fit.

Peter242

I saw that aero also offers a b-10 and they have the alpaca lining. Probably it’s wiser to spent a bit more money and get the better lining. Or save the money and wait for the coming 5star B-6 Jacket

Cocker

Try being 6'5" with 28" arms and see how a Bronson would fare...

Regarding the Aero B-10, I love mine dearly, but the alpaca lining is too thin to my liking and doesn't keep you really warm. Same for the fur collar, too thin compared to period pictures, and the dark brown is really more black than brown, which is a bit off.

Cocker

Which Fabric do you meand ? Number one ?
Yes, sorry! Effin' keyboard from work is shutting off the keypad sometimes...

Yeah, from the photos on their website it looks like the lining is just fabric, not a pile lining like the originals had. That might explain it.

Indeed! So if I have a choice between the Alpaca fabric or a warm fake fur, I'll go with option 2 anytime.