• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awesome MONARCH A2 handcrafted by John Chapman

Roughwear

I have owned three Eastman Monarchs and have never been 100% happy with them. This one from a craftsman in Seattle is by far the most accurate Monarch repro that I have seen. It is made from veg tanned, semi-aniline dull russet horse hide. Comparing it with my original it is spot on. John has even copied the square leather reinforcement tabs behind the pocket snaps. The elongated collar shape is correct and the pockets are perfect. The zipper track is a repro Talon with a NOS slider, which have been painted the correct dark brown as per the 1941 Monarch contract. Although it is marked a size 46 it fits like many of my size 44 originals. Monarchs were usually one size smaller than jackets with the same size tag from other makers. The photos were all taken indoors using a flash and the russet shade appear a little redder than in natural light.

003-7.jpg

006-9.jpg
007-6.jpg

010-8.jpg

011-8.jpg

012-7.jpg

013-5.jpg

014-6.jpg

015-8.jpg

016-6.jpg

018-4.jpg

019-5.jpg

020-5.jpg

022-2.jpg

023-5.jpg

024-4.jpg

025-4.jpg

026-4.jpg

027-3.jpg

031-3.jpg

saucerfiend

Holy smokes!!! Allen is right. Pure perfection! That looks exactly like your photo-shoot of your original. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Enjoy it, Andrew.

Brian

SuinBruin

Nice jacket. My Bronco is made out of the same HH -- it's great stuff, though it takes some breaking in.

Monarch, Cable, Star, Dubow, SAT... the list of GWs I want keeps growing.

ButteMT61

SuinBruin said:
Nice jacket. My Bronco is made out of the same HH -- it's great stuff, though it takes some breaking in.

Monarch, Cable, Star, Dubow, SAT... the list of GWs I want keeps growing.

I know the feeling. I have an Aero A2 Bronco which I love, so the GW is next up. Thanks to 767fo and Andrew, my GW obsession has gotten out of control. If I win the Lotto I'll be much better off :lol:

Jaguar46

Those sleeves are 1/4" too long, so I will be willing take it off your hands, I'll even pay for shipping. ;)

Ian C

Love it Andrew,

I'm going to make a few warbows to sell and fund a Goodwear in the New Year so it doesn't break into my salary.

Keep me safe from the wife as she knows how much the bloody things cost :lol: My excuse is that I hardly smoke and rarely drink these days.

Ian

Marv

I do like it, especially the dull russett horsehide......the Monarch looks like a very comfortable contract from your photos Andrew.