• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awe,Motorcycle jacket weather

Let`s see what Jackets your wearing this season.This is my Aero King Of The Road 4+oz. FQHH.I love this stuff,it weighs 7.4 lbs. not 15 lbs. as I re-weighed it,my bad :oops:

jacketmotorcycleaero001.jpg

jacketmotorcycleaero003.jpg

Harlock

Good Wear Fan said:
Let`s see what Jackets your wearing this season.This is my Aero King Of The Road 4+oz. FQHH.I love this stuff,it weighs almost 15 lbs.

Whoah, 15lbs! My heaviest motorcycle jacket, a horsehide langlitz columbia, only weighs around 7lbs (w/o the belt and mouton collar). That's one heavy jacket you've got there.

Tommer45

Been wearing my Langlitz straight-zip Cascade. Gotta love this riding weather here in NJ.. Been beautiful!

Front-1.jpg

Sleeve1.jpg

Tom1.jpg

Tommer

Harlock

When I heard Langlitz was making horsehide jackets again I sold my cowhide columbia and upgraded to this. I love it and wear it ever day on my commute. When it gets too hot I wear a goatskin cascade.

Here 'tis:

2967450493_6e77f94324.jpg

2967457961_3ca0e7abe5.jpg

Tommer45

Harlock, beauty of jacket! I have been strongly considering a HH Langlitz. How's the weight? The swatch of HH Dave sent me didn't feel overly stiff and felt like it would make a great jacket. I'm interested in any comments ya got!

Tommer

Harlock

Tommer45 said:
Harlock, beauty of jacket! I have been strongly considering a HH Langlitz. How's the weight? The swatch of HH Dave sent me didn't feel overly stiff and felt like it would make a great jacket. I'm interested in any comments ya got!

Tommer

Glad you like my jacket -- I sure do. The weight is somewhere between the light and medium weight cowhide, and the leather is noticeably more supple, breaking in a lot faster. I've only had this jacket four months and it's already molding to my shape (much faster than my old cowhide columbia, but not as fast as my goatskin cascade, which was broken in from the get-go).

When I first got this jacket I thought it looked exactly like the old vintage jackets I always wanted. The leather is very grainy, which gives the jacket a lot of character. And the more it's worn, the better it seems to get. I thought I was being extravagant replacing my old columbia for, essentially, the exact same thing. Now that I have it, though, it was totally worth it. Most likely will be the last mc jacket I ever buy.

Jamesp

Some mighty fine jackets you have there chaps.

This is my Lewis Leathers lightning which has been getting a fair bit of biking use.

The hide is on light side so probably best for summer use. It’s very easy and comfortable to wear.

As its been getting colder I may start to use my Aero Irvin when on the old Norton.

Ride safe

James

Now I want a Langlitz! Nice jackets guys.I have a few Aero FQHH A-2`s, but I don`t see to many bikers wearing them, black is the norm around here.

flattop

Nice jackets guys! Harlock- That one is a keeper for sure. I have become a huge HH fan and the CHP style is my personal fav. This fall I have been getting a lot of use out of my 50's Star HH CHP.

Harlock

flattop said:
Nice jackets guys! Harlock- That one is a keeper for sure. I have become a huge HH fan and the CHP style is my personal fav. This fall I have been getting a lot of use out of my 50's Star HH CHP.

Thanks Flattop. I've been through countless jackets in this style and for me, this one is impossible to upgrade. I'll definitely be keeping it for a long time. How about posting a pic of that vintage Star?

Tommer45

srivats said:
Tommer, the grain on that jacket is awesome ... love the color too.

Thanks man. I can't believe how grainy the jacket has gotten.. I love it. As for the color, if you search around you'll find a thread I posted about dying the jacket myself. Came out great. I couldn't be happier with the color.

Tommer

zoomer

Good Wear Fan said:
I have a few Aero FQHH A-2`s, but I don`t see to many bikers wearing them, black is the norm around here.
I heard the tradition came from a club where the "norm" was so well enforced that anyone who wore brown leather was liable to find "other" brown things put on his garments or even his bike. Anyone know about that? :?

zoomer said:
Good Wear Fan said:
I have a few Aero FQHH A-2`s, but I don`t see to many bikers wearing them, black is the norm around here.
I heard the tradition came from a club where the "norm" was so well enforced that anyone who wore brown leather was liable to find "other" brown things put on his garments or even his bike. Anyone know about that? :?

I never heard of that.So zoomer do you ride?

zoomer

Just bikes. The human-powered kind (and believe me a good leather jacket comes in handy if you pedal your way thru Oct. and Nov. in these latitudes). Been tempted by moto'ing, though...perhaps if one of those lovely vintage Bimmers comes along...
rennsport-tom-vintage-bmw.gif

flattop

Harlock said:
flattop said:

Thanks Flattop. I've been through countless jackets in this style and for me, this one is impossible to upgrade. I'll definitely be keeping it for a long time. How about posting a pic of that vintage Star?

Here you go.

l_561b0e083008a843919e36ba38ad5b64.jpg

l_887fd92fe094af0e029ff62f7bdd2827.jpg