• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avoid the Polo M-421

johnwayne

Mine's in the UK apparently but 'still in transit' supposedly arriving any day between now and 20th!!!

johnwayne

Seems (fingers crossed) mine hasn't but but why it might take 3 weeks to get from Coventry to London, God only knows! I await with baited breath!! Correction, seems mine is in customs, that explains the poss delay so I wait with even more baited breath, damn!!!

Last edited:

johnwayne

Jacket arrived, perfect fit, love it! Yes sleeves a tad long but not a big issue so quite chuffed!! It's a lightweight summer jacket so likely ever only to wear a tee or shirt under it and will get a fit pic ASAP once I've ironed out packaging creases!!! Having never handled an original I've nothing to compare it against but re back pleats they don't seem to be a problem so given my concerns after ordering I'm well pleased and therefore a big thanks to Zoomer for the initial heads up.

johnwayne

BD8900BE-B0F1-4610-A88B-C9FAE9FCFD6B.jpeg
Quick fit pic!

Ken at Aero Leather

Looks great but I see you've folded the cuff back.... how tall are you?
I'm hoping I won't need to do that with mine, not a fan of too long sleeves. I hadn't intended to start with a sleeve length alteration
Parcelforce have so far failed to get my parcel the final 16 miles from Inverness to my home, in fairness to them it didn't get to Inverness until last Wednesday afternoon (after a week in Coventry) so if it does arrive tomorrow then it will only have taken another 5 days since I paid the inport duty.

That's the one downside of living in "Highlands and Islands"

johnwayne

Thanks chaps, I'm 6'0" and normally 44" chest, yes the sleeves are a tad long and I don't really need to fold them back but feel more comfortable and the jacket style allows for that without looking so obvious. It's nice and light and comfortable to wear although I'm sure an original would be of a more heavy weight cotton, this is quite soft. Now, do I patch or stencil it? Hmm, not sure!

Ken at Aero Leather

Finally arrived, 15 days after it landed in The UK...........very poor show by Parcelforce
Jacket is great, a tad lighter than an original, I'd hoped for a military label but over all I'm very pleased except for the crazy long sleeves. Flight Jacket for the next remake of Planet Of The Apes?
It's gone into a hot wash but I'm either going to have to shorten the sleeves by around 3" or so (they are close to 28" long) or get one of these...

Bike.jpg

zoomer

Happy for all the satisfied customers...this is a clue to me that the average VLJ'er is WAY more physically fit than most people...something I am working on, so far, without success.

Bengoshi

I own some M-421 jackets. WPG, Avirex, Willis & Geiger, Haley Aviation, Buzz Rickson and the RLP version. Well, the sizing is not that strange, but the sleeves are to long as well and the action back doesn't work well, as noticed by Eastwood. But the color seems to be ok for me. After all a usable version, but imho far not the best. It's surprising for me, because RLP has made several look-alikes. Could has a lot of practice.
I have seen the original only once so far, in a very poor condition. It seems difficult to make a decent copy, though the jacket seems so simple. For the right fit you can check for example Frank Sinatra in the movie "none but the brave".
Anyway - I'm keep on searching for the right one :)

MeachamLake

Has anyone got one of these in a big size XL or XXL that they might be looking to sell? I’d be interested - I’m tall and have quite long arms so one would probably work for me!

Ken at Aero Leather

Has anyone got one of these in a big size XL or XXL that they might be looking to sell? I’d be interested - I’m tall and have quite long arms so one would probably work for me!

Allow for shortening the sleeves if you are under 6'6"
Great jackert otherwise,I had to take 3" of the sleeves of mine (I'm 5'10")