• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avirex 30th Anniversary Blue Angels G-1

ricc

Hello all, recently discovered these jackets and started to just begin my journey in learning more. I came across this jacket and always heard lots about the blue angels growing up in San Diego. I was wondering if anyone could provide some background information on when this jacket was produced and if it has any relevance in terms of being limited to the blue angels? Or was this an item made for general consumers to buy? Also what value does this tend to be at? Thank you I have attached photos!
BD5DD8EC-B0F3-4D93-9573-5E0CEE9CAFD8.jpeg
29D3C067-3373-4985-99DC-321A49A5939B.jpeg
731C8EC5-AD6F-4F3E-B897-393F0CC5C644.jpeg

B-Man2

Hi
This jacket was a commercially produced jacket made for the public by Avirex with licensing rights to use the blue angels name and logos . It was never a military issued jacket.
On a side note : I just found out this weekend that a friend of mine that I met at one of the shows I attend from time to time ….. was a Blue Angels Pilot for two years . When he showed me his photos I was floored … most humble guy I’ve ever met . Hung around with him for three years and not a word from him.

ricc

Hi
This jacket was a commercially produced jacket made for the public by Avirex with licensing rights to use the blue angels name and logos . It was never a military issued jacket.
On a side note : I just found out this weekend that a friend of mine that I met at one of the shows I attend from time to time ….. was a Blue Angels Pilot for two years . When he showed me his photos I was floored … most humble guy I’ve ever met . Hung around with him for three years and not a word from him.
Awesome information super stoked to hear the quality of these pilots! Excited to learn much more.