• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aviation Art - post your favourite pics

leper-colony

This is the art on the lead plane:
View attachment 61795
Found my print. Actually a large format photo Dietz sent me.
20210627_215059.jpg

Dom

Just saw this thread.... here is one my favorites....and a great eBay score. It’s Robert Taylor’s “Chenault’s Flying Tigers” it is signed by a bunch of the Tiger’s. The one I scored on eBay was not numbered, and I found out it was whats called a presentation print, usually given to one of the signer’s. So I contacted the seller who was a big military seller on eBay and he stated that it came from the estate of Charles Older, and he was also selling a bunch of other stuff from that estate. the Picture is not of the print in my possession, just a copy from the internet, mine is stored away flat until I can get it framed.
455953C6-90B0-4302-B97C-7D3F2B517BAF.jpeg

B-Man2

I actually owned a Lost Worlds A2 at one time with the Carolina Moon nose art painted on it. Whenever I wore it I got a combination of thumbs up and smiles from the guys who saw it, and some very dirty looks from some “ Woke” women .
I eventually sold the jacket to a fellow from Belgium ……. And no it wasn’t Heisenberg.;)

AB7646A7-85BA-43DB-9AAA-345AD6BD8FD3.jpeg

CBI

thanks B-2

You guys might be interested in this:

Eugene Eisenberg's collection:

The Aviation Social Network | The Eugene Eisenberg Collectionhttps://ehangar.com › forum › thread › the-eugene-eise...

Although I don't care too much for how he frames and displays them, these are all ORIGINALS!!!!

Simply amazing! Not sure what the status is of his collection these days.

The link developed into a very interesting discussion about Robert Taylor prints, their value and most interestingly, the differences in color palette between the originals and prints.

MikeyB-17

You don’t often hear about his stuff, but I really like Charles J Thompson’s work
9AAD025C-A338-4CEF-ABD8-9AC1FDB662BE.jpeg

Also Keith Ferris
142D8D66-82BA-448E-A623-68914D8D039F.jpeg

I won’t bore you again with how Nick Trudgian used to be one of my lecturers at college! (Remember the chap on Spike Milligan’s ‘Q’ programmes-‘when I was in the famous film ‘Cockleshell Heroes’?:D)

johnwayne

Always liked the Barrie AF Clarke Spitfire (out of storm clouds) that I had but gave away - often imitated too! But heres my little contribution that a good mate painted for me for my birthday a few years back, he’s a keen aviation fan or anything mechanical for that matter hence second pic for those biker fans here!!
CFBBD5EB-081A-4D96-A745-893B11F287FC.jpeg

Attachments

• F4F6A833-7451-4ACB-ACD5-C574F939D189.jpeg
    F4F6A833-7451-4ACB-ACD5-C574F939D189.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 157

MikeyB-17

Always liked the Barrie AF Clarke Spitfire (out of storm clouds) that I had but gave away - often imitated too! But heres my little contribution that a good mate painted for me for my birthday a few years back, he’s a keen aviation fan or anything mechanical for that matter hence second pic for those biker fans here!!View attachment 72092
And many thanks for posting that! Huge Vincent fan, if only I could afford the stratospheric money they go for these days.
I had a go at one myself a few years ago:-
6E4A5EE7-4BE5-4C28-A5F7-7EB4B785EA7C.jpeg

And an Indian.
F0675FAF-AB71-4946-8924-8CDE03EAB03F.jpeg

Nickb123

You don’t often hear about his stuff, but I really like Charles J Thompson’s work
View attachment 72089
Also Keith Ferris
View attachment 72090
I won’t bore you again with how Nick Trudgian used to be one of my lecturers at college! (Remember the chap on Spike Milligan’s ‘Q’ programmes-‘when I was in the famous film ‘Cockleshell Heroes’?:D)

Not a bore. Aside from being my favorite, Trudgian is the best of the bunch when it comes to scenery as well. Often his portrayal of what goes on on the ground is just as lively as the air.

Smithy

The link developed into a very interesting discussion about Robert Taylor prints, their value and most interestingly, the differences in color palette between the originals and prints.

I have the Taylor print of Nicholson winning his VC during the Battle of Britain...

j4QhAddMtbEEW42bd9TTZY1zCd6N3znQo2JF-Te3WVLOg3x-S6BSBQLcfn851alalM70ylolHQ7a2f_ubgCrgZ0b063JX0OiA2Zu8N1dHIMUTdvazyMYLmC6KifP_twW3FRk