• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR's long-awaited M-422A (NXs. 416) pics and review

jss0930

Here's a picture with better light. Now that I've worn it a few times, I'm even more impressed. Stitches are tight, jacket seems well-constructed. I don't really care about authenticity but the fit is great. Jacket came with handwarmer pockets (from their archive sale) and I'm not sure those will be useful at all (pretty small/hard to get your hands in). Might shorten the sleeves (I'm 5'8") but I'm waiting to see how they break in. Toddler loves the collar, keeps touching it and saying "So soft". Definitely size up. I'm a 40R normally, medium shirt and this 42 is almost a bit tight on me.

P4280034.JPG

B-Man2

As Brett said …. Enjoy your jacket and just wear the piss out of it . If you do it will soon become your favorite jacket regardless of how accurate it might be .

pierregloom

Thanks Greg ! Love to see AVI's M422-A worn by other people, I wear mine every day since I received it, and it looks like just like yours, except a little fold just behind the collar on the back, but it's okay, it's not perfect but it is my jacket now.
I wanted to write a review after a few weeks wearing it, but I don't have much time now with the time I spend in glider lessons.
Leather is breaking nicely, knits are beginning to make little fluff balls, but not too much, and I had to sew on a pocket button that must have been sewn too loose.
All in all, it may not be THE perfect jacket, but for the price, I think it is the best jacket for a first jacket :D !

Last edited:

Enigma1938

Thanks Greg ! Love to see AVI's M422-A worn by other people, I wear mine every day since I received it, and it looks like just like yours, except a little fold just behind the collar on the back, but it's okay, it's not perfect but it is my jacket now.
I wanted to write a review after a few weeks wearing it, but I don't have much time now with the time I spend in glider lessons.
Leather is breaking nicely, knits are beginning to make little fluff balls, but not too much, and I had to sew on a pocket button that must have been sewn too loose.
All in all, it may not be THE perfect jacket, but for the price, I think it is the best jacket for a first jacket :D !
I think the little flaws make these jackets even more authentic. In military, especially in ww2 it was standard that the jackets were manufactured often sloppily with some faults here and there because these jackets were produced in very high numbers and in relative hurry. They were not meant to be stylish fashion jackets or perfect in every stitch.

coolhandluke

After nearly a month wait, my Avi M-422A arrived yesterday. Morten offered a fairly sizeable discount on the jacket as its pocket buttons were not tensioned/ sewn properly. It took only 10-15 minutes to remove and re-sew the buttons after the photos below were taken. Kudos to Morten for performing a quality inspection prior to shipping and discovering the issue.

This is my first M-442A/ G1. I opted for a size 40 and the fit is spot on. Probably could've even gotten away with a 42 for that less trim WWII fit. I am 5'10", 153 lbs, with a 37.5" chest for reference. The jacket is extremely comfortable and easy wearing. Nowhere near the chore to wear that some A2's are.

Bn93mmy.jpg

WFxJ203.jpg

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

I think the little flaws make these jackets even more authentic. In military, especially in ww2 it was standard that the jackets were manufactured often sloppily with some faults here and there because these jackets were produced in very high numbers and in relative hurry. They were not meant to be stylish fashion jackets or perfect in every stitch.
I completely agree. I reckon these are far closer to what the QM would have chucked at you than the luxury items produced by others, at increasingly stratospheric prices.

MikeyB-17

How much are you boys getting hit for import tax on AVI’s? I recently bought a motorbike jacket from Germany, and had to fork out £110 in import tax. Never had this from Europe before, joys of Brexit I guess, but it has to be taken into consideration.

Brettafett

Its been 'hit' & miss for me... Last one was £70+
Getting stuff from US and Japan are worse! No import duties from Bronson (China)

Capt

I got charged @£55 direct from Pakistan AVI for a M422, I returned it to Denmark as it was faulty and Morten replaced it however, no import duty when sent from Denmark and he refunded my return postage .

I can’t recall exactly but from the USA anything over £80 you get charged for the item purchased and the postage.

MikeyB-17

Yeah I stopped buying from the US years ago after a £10 pair of ‘lucky dice’ ended up costing me over £35. First time I’ve had to pay duty from Europe, although I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.