• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR launches B-3 Sheepskin Flight Jacket - wow

mortene

Thanks Morten. The overall shape of the jacket looks really nice, I’m sure it will be a great fit.

Also - calling B-3 experts - what was the ratio of mismatched panel B-3s vs homogenous ones? Maybe it’s just my eyes that got used to it but I do think mismatched panels look a bit cooler.
Im glad you like the overall shape. I guess you mean Russet Brown facings? That could certainly be something that could be offered if there is interest in it.

Kermit3D

Yeah, not bad at all!
I also think the sleeves are a bit short (and a bit tight ?)...
But for a first B-3 jacket, it's pretty good. The shape seems ok.

I also find the sheepskin a bit smooth (lacks a bit of grain), and I also think that mismatched skins (different skin colors on the same jacket) would be really cool.

@mortene , here are some pictures of original B-3, check the sleeve length :).

B-3_01.jpg

B-3_02.jpg

Last edited:

Brettafett

If you compare with top tier repros, at a massively higher price point, this is a great copy.
I think the leather looks fine and the colours also. Remember, hues will vary under different lighting conditions (not to mention batches of leather, available at different times)...
Also with wear, grain and character will develop quick enough.
Look at some of the originals above, some were more, some less contrasting. I think in this respect AVIs is good.

WingAndaPrayer

If I could get any use out of it I would take a flyer on it. The 50 looks like it might be a good fit for me. Too bad we don’t get winter in Kansas anymore.