• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR G-1 - sizes 40/42

seres

Greg, about a year ago I purchased a BR G-1 from Charles at HPA, and it had the same zipper problem as yours. Charles told me to take a long nose pliers and very gently tighten up the slider on each side, but using a very light hand. It worked. Take a good look at it first as it could be too tight in which case you need to pry it apart a little with a screwdriver. Hope this helps.
Don't you dare size down.

I've had this same problem, and solved it with this same method.. But be gentle... only a slight squeeze, and then test. The adjustment was almost too slight to measure.

Pilot

The darn zipper got a bit messed up. For the last couple of days it was difficult to zip it up, and yesterday I noticed that the cipper doesn't pull the two faces together. Any advice please? :( Is there a quick fix I can apply at home? I sure won't replace the zipper before moving away next week.
Hi Greg,
Dont worry about it, try to source a “good “ zipper.
Many excellent tailors and repair shops in your new home...It will cost you the zipper of your choice and a tip...

Greg Gale

Thanks, I tried the plier method, I even used soap. No joy...whatever, I can't be arsed, I hopefully won't have to wear it for a very long time :)

Thomas Koehle

Thanks, I tried the plier method, I even used soap. No joy...whatever, I can't be arsed, I hopefully won't have to wear it for a very long time :)

Check with AVI!

I had my first G1 (the one on the pics on the previous pages) for about 6 weeks when my Zipper gave up - got in touch with Mortne and he told me they had Problems with th ezipper-Provider in General

He offered me either to send me a new Zipper as replacement + cash (do not remember the amount) or to replace the jacket with a new Zipper-Generation

I decided for the replacement of the jacket which i finally regreted coz on the first jacket the mouton collar was nicer as per my opinion as well as the Quality of the leather was better

so i'd where you i'd get in touch with AVI

Greg Gale

Yeah, that's what I wanted to avoid :( I'm leaving the country in a week, so I guess I'll worry about this if/when I get back.

Profmt1

Greg, I had the same problem with the zipper on the AVI G-1 that I picked up for a song from Nahua here last summer. I wrote to Morten at AVI, and he sent me an upgraded M-39 triple-marked Talon zipper. It’s silver rather than the original brass one. Looks and feels much better. Definitely improves the quality of the jacket. Now I have to decide

But yes, sounds like your jacket is out of commission until you get back, unless you’re ok with it staying open all of the time.

g1jacketfan

Guys, I'm having second thoughts about the 42. Now that the weather permits, I'm wearing it more and more, and it feels too big. Sleeves are longer than I'd like them to be, and the waist knit almost covers my pockets. I don't feel it has that flattering trim G-1 look. Do you think HWT would work on goatskin? with the patches on it may not be a great idea though.

View attachment 10553

Howdy. I'm considering an AVI. What's your height and chest size? The 42 seems to fit you OK.