• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR Cafe racer J-100

Brettafett

As you all know, Im a fan of AVI LTHR's jackets and have just ordered the long-awaited M-422A.
(Pics and thoughts will be posted)

In discussing some details of the above order, I received some info I thought I'd share.

They are introducing a line of classic civilian types, the first being a Cafe Racer, based on the J-100
These will be made with black horsehide, sell for around 300€ and custom sizing will also be possible.
This is the final test jacket I believe... And these are looking to be available early in the new year.

Im not the world's most educated in classic civilian leather jackets, but to my eye, this looks enticing also!

AVI LTHR Cafe racer J-100 1.jpg
AVI LTHR Cafe racer J-100 2.jpg

Harris_HTM

I have zero experience with cafe racers but I expect the first line of criticism to be the zippers. I have seen some nice looking repro's at TFL getting bashed for the generic YKK ones.

Brettafett

I think this is a Talon - Would be a good question to ask....
I get the zipper discussion, same for A-2s and USN jackets... but when you start adding NOS zippers, or having to source high end period accuracy, then prices go wayyyy up.
I guess if zippers are important, then like a GW, you have to be prepared to fork out the big bucks

Harris_HTM

I think it has to do more with the shape of the zipper pull, if I remember well the original buco's had chain pulls but maybe I'm wrong. You can definitely get different shapes in a YKK pull, I own a Wested Indy jacket and the zipper pull, while a YKK, has the vintage Talon shape.

20211208_183002.jpg

Brettafett

I love Wested's Indy.

Heres RM's Buco J-100, at £1,695.00

Seems AVI's has Talon zippers all round. 'Correct-ish' front zipper... But might be better to have the 'bell' shaped Talons on the sleeves.
Cant say if the Link Chain Pocket Zippers are available...
Hell, for me... Im OK with those at £257! lol

FreddyF9

Great looking jacket, AVI is surely adding some nice pieces to their catalog.
I also read somewhere that they are planning to do a B-3, do you guys know when they are going to release it?