• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR Bronco updated 2019 version

Smithy

I've just had a deja vu moment

Smithy? Did you not once take Aero to task on VLJ for raising our A-2 price three time in 17 years? :eek: :)

Ken, I'll admit I gave you chaps some stick for the rate of bumping the prices up from 2007ish to 2017ish. But compared to what ELC have done it's not even in the same general hemisphere.

Joking aside (and with my old business development manager hat on) you lot want to capitalise on this by positioning yourselves as a better, cost-effective alternative to ELC for A-2s, etc.I know you guys concentrate on civvy jackets but this is an opportunity too good to refuse, a small amount of targeted marketing online and some promo/PR stuff and you could really tap an emerging hole in the market, and it really wouldn't take much marketing investment. Perfect opportunity to grow the military clothing side of your business and exploit what ELC are doing.

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

You are right Smithy but we are really stuggling keeping up with the military production demands already. We do have a new shearling machinist in training and making a really good job of C-3 vests, they'll be going on sale cheap very soon.
Also, some of the younger kids at the factory are reviving an old 70's label of mine "Ruskin" from the days I dressed the Rock'n'Roll Hoi Poloi....................nothing like Aero but the demand has been quite amazing, I'd no idea how much £££s my vintage 60's/70s pieces were making

Pilot

:)
The same applies for all other makers...except BK..unless he sniped in after being banned several ( ID’s) times.
As far as all posts here and on the hat lounge goes..,
Both Greek makers... BK and Platon have been kicked out via several forged ID‘s.
To me a pity...let them speak out.. same as others here who have nothing to say or contribute..:)

Last edited:

Smithy

Has Gary Eastman, does anyone know, ever been on this forum or contributed?

Well if he does hang around here, it might be worth him having a quiet chat with Charles and suggest he stop talking a lot of rot and either tell it like it is or say nothing (which seems to be ELC's approach).

Also, some of the younger kids at the factory are reviving an old 70's label of mine "Ruskin" from the days I dressed the Rock'n'Roll Hoi Poloi....................nothing like Aero but the demand has been quite amazing, I'd no idea how much £££s my vintage 60's/70s pieces were making

That sounds like a bit of fun. Didn't you do the Suzy Quatro leather catsuit thingy?

Seriously though you want to do at least a little push with your military things to take advantage of your better positioning regarding pricing. Perfect timing as there's tangible momentum from all the people talking about prices having gone too far for them with these multiple and large price hikes, and subsequently a lot of scope to promote yourselves as a more cost effective alternative.

Pilot

Prime makers dont care about those sissy pussy price increase or whatever discussions here and in other forums...
Why should they? if they have 2 years or at worst 1-2 years order books full? from other payers..not ( only , but still a hand full) Loungers.. Why we alway measure it to Loungers standards and world..?
And here we all pussy sissy around about a bit of money here and there... What a joke for them..Apologies, and sorry for the crude words but this is business reality in our real actual bad or not economies

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

Prime makers dont care about those sissy pussy price increase or whatever discussions here and in other forums...
Why should they? if they have 2 years or at worst 1-2 years order books full? from other payers..not ( only , but still a hand full) Loungers.. Why we alway measure it to Loungers standards and world..?
And here we all pussy sissy around about a bit of money here and there... What a joke for them..Apologies, and sorry for the crude words but this is business reality in our real actual bad or not economies

Gentlemen,

I’m with Pilot.

honestly if ELC wants to raise prices they will do.

I’m pretty sure something that also Ken experiences is people placing statements about price-policies are not the people you make money with. Thus i’m pretty certain ELC will not even scratch his head for a second about such price discussions.

The only statement you can give is either being consequent and no longer buying from such a shop or leave it alone.

And honestly to name it straight: if I would be on such a position I would give a sh... about such discussions as long as the money constantly comes in

Pilot

Gentlemen,

I’m with Pilot.

I’m pretty sure something that also Ken experiences is people placing statements about price-policies are not the people you make money with. Thus i’m pretty certain ELC will not even scratch his head for a second about such price discussions.

The only statement you can give is either being consequent and no longer buying from such a shop or leave it alone.

And honestly to name it straight: if I would be on such a position I would give a sh... about such discussions as long as the money constantly comes in
Agree 1000%, besides we had this same discussions almost every year plus a few months back...we even predicted ELC and other high priced makers “dead” and running out of buyers...and what happen?...the contrary!
Must be because there are (other) buyers and customers ...not only forums(s) members.

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

That sounds like a bit of fun. Didn't you do the Suzy Quatro leather catsuit thingy?

Ah Yes, and she didn't fancy the idea at first either, Mickey Most (her manager) had Fringed Suede (Doris Dayish look) in mind, before I met Suzi.................who was very shy, believe it or not...........I heard her demo and it screamed Girl on a Motorcycle , Marianne Faithful to me (another of my clients)

Smithy

Nobody has said they can't or shouldn't, least of all me. Go back a page, I said they are doing it because they CAN.

What I took umbrage with was Charles' complete bullshit reasoning for their prices going up and at such a frequency. Either tell it like it is or don't say anything. Even someone doing 4th form economics at school can see his explanation is just spin.

Will ELC putting their prices up the way they have lose them business? Well obviously it has as some blokes on here have said as much. Does that worry them? Probably not because they obviously think they can pick up business in newer markets.

But don't bullshit your customers for the reasons you're doing it.

Ah Yes, and she didn't fancy the idea at first either, Mickey Most (her manager) had Fringed Suede (Doris Dayish look) in mind, before I met Suzi.................who was very shy, believe it or not...........I heard her demo and it screamed Girl on a Motorcycle , Marianne Faithful to me (another of my clients)

That's funny, from her public persona I would've thought she was an absolute man-eater.

Ken at Aero Leather

It's an odd thing but many of the celebrities I've dealt are nothing like one would have expected, but sadly there are also far too many who, once famous, turn out to fit the term "Don't you know who I think I am?"

Pilot

GBP... Good Business Practice...
Market pricing...target your market with your sustainability and productivity...Make money...target deticated buyers/markets...
Apparently , there is a demand for ( high end quality...top notch); +++ 1.5 K $¥£€...jackets, some demand even from forum(s) member(s) ...( less and less..forums members from here... apparently....the makers don’ t care and laugh about it..thus no more postings from them......)Hence why not satisfying it...the payers markets....plus making big $$£££¥¥¥)

Last edited:

Smithy

If I'd met her before I suggested the Jump Suit, (rather than listened to her demo before we met) I very much doubt if I'd have come up with that image

That's very true of a lot of celebs and even sporting bods who turn out to be nothing like their on stage/field presence.

Back when I was playing club cricket I was rather lucky and was selected as one of half a dozen for a day's fast bowling coaching with Dennis Lillee, the legendary Aussie quick. If you know cricket you'll no doubt remember what a fearsome bloke he was on the pitch. He was aggressive, used to throw looks at the batsmen that he was going to knock their blocks off - and often nearly did as he was very fast and took no prisoners. I remember I was nervous as hell to meet him and was actually petrified. The funny thing was he was actually the nicest bloke, absolutely charming and the complete antithesis of his on field persona.

Brettafett

Heads up. Just received my AVI Bronco, the new 2019 version. First impressions are good. Its definitely made by someone else. Great profile! Really good collar and pocket flaps. Pattern seems to be a good copy. The angled stitch at the base is there, seal goatskin is light, soft, seems durable. Size 42 fits very well (I will always want an inch extra in the arms ;) ) Comfortable.
Its not perfect, in that the epaulets seem to be slightly forward of centre. I may be wrong. The cuffs are decent, seamless, but are quite dark in colour... Id have preferred them a regular seal brown. Same with the stitching, its a dark brown cotton thread, a mid brown or olive drab would have been better imo.
All in all, a really nice jacket for the price, classic WW2 drape and appearance. Pics and review coming soon...