• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR Bronco updated 2019 version

B-Man2

Brett
Well said ....I for one would never want to see a new maker shut down his tent and leave. As I mentioned ,I have not experienced any issues with my 1st generation AVI Bronco . The only thing I didn’t like about those first Russet jackets was the orange color, but I was able to sort that out with a minor amount of effort. The jacket looks good now as you can see below.
D541896D-BED7-41EE-AA49-7C4179877E85.jpeg

2FE37D6F-4248-4084-A5AC-E5234FCE684A.jpeg

One suggestion that comes to mind would be to replace the zip puller that they are currently using. I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this,@ but the puller flops over and gets locked out of position occasionally making it difficult to unlock. AVI could fix that minor flaw in a heartbeat by reducing the amount of play in the attachment end of the puller.

61F471D9-B402-450E-B419-EA5DFF1DBEFD.jpeg

This is the issue....
That’s all I’ve got!!
Hope AVI is listening.
Cheers
B-Man2

B-Man2

Bryce
Great looking original Bronco!
Constructive criticism is good for everyone. It helps the makers improve their products and benefits the consumers, that being all of us !!

Brettafett

Personally, I think constructive criticism is a good thing. It will help them improve. Slagging off is another story...
The new batch seem to have improved on the pocket flaps, but I doubt there'll be a Conmar zipper, or details like the hangtag stitching... It was said somewhere up stairs and its so true, until someone takes a jacket apart and studies the nuances of construction and the detailing, it will always be representation... Then again, thats what its supposed to be, a reproduction.
Just remember, these are sub 400 Euros.

Pilot

Fair enough for the price...
The hanger and collar stitching/shape...hmmm...surely can be done/improved without busting the budget...IMHO....
Accepting that the Crown zipper in an issue for the 400 Budget... ( for GW and Aero.. another league I am aware of it...but they have it correctly).

Last edited:

Pilot

Thx for the complim’s..
Its in knits replacement process right now ( of course NOS WW2 knits) and will go for sale afterwards...since an inch too small in pit to pit for me... ( 22 1/2” instead of needed 23 1/2” ).

B-Man2

Thx for the complim’s..
Its in knits replacement process right now ( of course NOS WW2 knits) and will go for sale afterwards...since an inch too small in pit to pit for me... ( 22 1/2” instead of needed 23 1/2” ).
Bryce
If it’s ok to ask, where did you ever find original WWII NOS knits? ( I’ll understand if you’d rather not publicize that info)
Cheers

Pilot

Bryce
If it’s ok to ask, where did you ever find original WWII NOS knits? ( I’ll understand if you’d rather not publicize that info)
Cheers
Nonono... In Korea and Japan on flee markets and antik markets... will cost you an arm and a leg ( not mentioning the journey) but they have them...God and the new “Kaiser” knows from where...but they have them...also WW2 zippers and United Carr snaps... ( bought approx. 2 pounds of the last of all series and kinds a few days ago)... JC wont sell one by one if needed...he knows why...extreemly rare...as WW2 NOS.
Very handy to bring back to life some old skins...with defaults.

B-Man2

That’s a pretty smart move on your part. It’s amazing that someone had the foresight to rescue all of this stuff and preserve it for all of these years. You must have been pleasantly surprised when you found these items . I could look forever and never bump into stuff like this here in the US.
Damn stepping all over Brettas thread .
My apologies ...

Pilot

That’s a pretty smart move on your part. It’s amazing that someone had the foresight to rescue all of this stuff and preserve it for all of these years. You must have been pleasantly surprised when you found these items . I could look forever and never bump into stuff like this here in the US.
Damn stepping all over Brettas thread .
My apologies ...
For my part and apologies if I stepped on someone’s toes.....sorry no intention.
Point is..US Government and US Military policy was because of big big $$$$:...from 1944 to very recently...( maybe still is...I am out of this “ circle” since a few years”) ...leave all there...lend & lease contracts...win or loss contracts ( especially for US tax payers if buyers fail to honor etc...) hmmm... ( do the outmost against communism etc.,,,)
All over SEA after WW2, Korea & Vietnam...a lot of remaining “super $$$ stuff.”... ( even and especially weapons) ..now in antique dealers and flee market premises.. ( apologies, weapons ..is a different story....).

It nowadays also more or less applies for the Balkans and Middle East ( stop all radicals etc,...).... Lend Lease...$$$$$$

Apologies and sorry for drifting away...no intention of stealing nor spoiling this thread...
Back to the original thread please..

Last edited:

Brettafett

hahaha, its all good. Just shows why modern repro makers will never quite be able to get their jackets to match originals exactly, at least as far as components are concerned.
Grab everything you can carry when you find something special, I say. If ever you need to lighten your load, make closet space or some cash for your next jacket, Im sure you'll have buyers here.

Brettafett

p.s. Theres a very interesting discussion about price increases (another imminent ELC price increase) and the potential future of top-tier jacket makers on the other forum, by Charles, the US HPA (ELC et al rep), here...
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...iates-official-affiliate-thread.75818/page-34
Exactly why we need to encourage and try support the likes of AVI...
In fact, I'd like to ask anyone who has any constructive comments to make, or pictures of their original jackets, please send them to AVI.
Its us, the fans and hobbyists who will benefit at the end of the day.

Last edited:

B-Man2

ANOTHER ELC PRICE INCREASE???
This is the third one in the last 2 years ... what’s going on there?
Sorry again to impose on your thread Brett, but I’m shocked and taken back by this news.:eek:

Brettafett

no no its ok, its all part of the discussion... Charles makes some interesting observations... Its sad though, what future for these companies....?

Pilot

its called offer and demand $$$$ ... first semester in any so so called reputable business school...
All comments on this subject...if looking from outside of the “shoebox” ( maybe also VLJ..sure....now I will get shot...) is just a big laughter for the seller and POTENTIAL... VERY POTENTIAL BUYERS....
Sorry for my crude words...but believe it or not its the ( my actual ) REAL REAL REAL WORLD ...not in Europe and US...( anymore)...but for other business...LOBBYING, HIGH CLASS , GLAMOUR,PRESTIGE...is gold weighted...and so paid for...without discussion...

Last edited:

B-Man2

no no its ok, its all part of the discussion... Charles makes some interesting observations... Its sad though, what future for these companies....?
Not that ELC gives a damn about what any of us think, but this is just price gouging in my opinion. 3 increases in what? 1 1/ 2 years C’mon!! Enough !!
I’m done ... I would rather support Jay at Headwind or Ken at Aero, than pour money into a company that doesn’t appreciate my support and keeps sticking it to me. Just my opinion!

Pilot

Not that ELC gives a damn about what any of us think, but this is just price gouging in my opinion. 3 increases in what? 1 1/ 2 years C’mon!! Enough !!
I’m done ... I would rather support Jay at Headwind than pour money into a company that doesn’t appreciate my support and keeps sticking it to me. Just my opinion!
Valued a lot...but believe it or not...they dont care...
China/Japan/Golf region/Russia.. approx... 1/4 Billion potential payers...( out of approx. 1 B People ...all extreemly interested and wealthy buyers for this kind of stuff) ...and here is a price increase discussion...sorry but hahahaha...
( just seeing from outside of the box)....
hahahaha...
My little internship in a Business school....

Last edited:

Brettafett

The dream: Someone like AVI or Shawn make an original maker horsehide A-2 repro, very close to the standards of GW or ELC, for under 400 Euros.
There will always be grading/ sizing issues (grade from one original...), and lack of availability of super authentic components (Conmar zippers)... Otherwise, to me at least, this seems possible.