• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR Bronco A-2s on Ebay NOS

Brettafett

Another Forum member drew my attention to AVI LTHR's Ebay shop front. Looks like they are moving their 'older' stock of V1 or V2 A-2s (arguably the more 'accurate', versions), for a SONG!!!!
Besides Platon's Dubows (on another level of authenticity), these A-2s must be THE best deal on the Planet right now, for anyone looking for their first A-2 or something inexpensive to paint & patch up.

Seems only one each of size 38, 42, 44 and 46 available.
If anyones keen, I recommend sizing one up from your regular size. Enjoy!

Technonut2112

Pay attention to the measurements before bidding folks... The tagged 44 only has a pit-pit of 22.0472 inches. With a 44 " chest, even the tagged 46 would be trim with a pit-pit of just under 23 inches. I will keep an eye open for the 46 if it's in my price-range when the hammer goes down.

Brettafett

I actually tried a size 44 of this jacket (I think it was this same version also....) and it was a touch roomy, but not by much... Im a 40" chest, athletic... and I could get away with it.
The 42 just fit better and was the right fit for me.
If they go unnoticed and you get it for £92 odd, plust postage... what a deal ;)

Flightengineer

It is strange that the measurements that Morten indicated in the listing for size 42 are nearly as my AVI in size 40, are second gen jackets smaller than first?

Brettafett

As I recall, the size was the same for me, but the 2nd Generation's leather was a touch thicker (pls don't read thick, at all, but it was a bit more than the V1).

billwong

Just put a bid down on the size 42, hope the size works out. I have grown close to 40" around the chest. The shoulder measures out to a generous 18+ inches.

Brettafett

I think it will fit well. I am a 39.5 to 40" chest and my 42s are perfect. Just look at Dmitry's ATC Hump jacket. Thats what you're bidding on!!
These particular jackets are so comfortable also.

billwong

I have to start unloading some of my 36/38/small jackets. Picked up an Eastman Roughwear 27752 40 that was way too roomy on the lower half.

Brettafett

There are a few reviews, and lots of pics... I've reviewed a few on mine over the years.
This was V2, I think... www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/avi-lthr-bronco-updated-2019-version.22571/