• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR Bronco 29191 A-2

Greg Gale

Do the 2 "releases" have the same color, though? Smithy's jacket looks chocolate, and Dmitry's one looks more like a russety light seal - or is it just the lighting?

Brettafett

Do the 2 "releases" have the same color, though? Smithy's jacket looks chocolate, and Dmitry's one looks more like a russety light seal - or is it just the lighting?
Spot on Greg. I'd say the earlier one is more of a dark russet/ light brown seal. Slightly thinner hide. Drapes well, light and comfy.
The current one is a chocolatey mid-brown, slightly more robust, grainy hide. Upgraded components. Fits more like a HH jacket.
Smithy's is the new version. I will try and get some pics together later, showing a comparison.

Flightengineer

Greg, this is lighting. It is seal brown. If I have time, I'll take a picture of this jacket next to the Star for you for clarity. The color is quite similar, not the dark russet.

Brettafett

Here are the two AVI Broncos compared, the earlier one is at the bottom, the current version at the top.
The photo is quite light, but it gives an idea.
Notice the label on the newer jacket, also seems to have been 'looked' at.
AVI Bronco V1 vs V2.jpg

Skyhawk

Did they stamp over the size tab on the top jacket? What an odd thing to do.

I am not criticizing just seems weird.

The wear on the bottom jacket looks nice.

jeremiah

And maybe get more sizes. They were out of 36 pretty fast a few months back when I was ready for one:(

B-Man2

And maybe get more sizes. They were out of 36 pretty fast a few months back when I was ready for one:(
I received an email from AVI regarding resupply of some of their sold out sizes and was advised that their focus for the immediate future is on the development of their new Cable A2. Sold out sizes such as 48 and 36 will remain sold out.

Brettafett

Cable? Did they perhaps mean their Perry? Have they got a Cable in the works also? Interesting!
If this is the case, perhaps its not a bad thing. After all the hoopla surrounding the manufacturer handing out 'Bronco-like' bomber jackets, based on AVI's patterns, to every 'Tom, Dick and Harry' retailer... Maybe AVI has sourced another manufacturer and plans stricter control on the production of future jackets. Probably doesn't make sense for them to redo the Bronco, when they have new styles to introduce.
I know they've sourced a new veg-tanned goat for use on future jackets.
Although I'd love to see another 'updated' Bronco... A veg-tanned goat Perry and/or Cable original maker A-2 at circa 400 Euros are fine with me.
I'm going to email them.

B-Man2

C21592E1-1686-45B0-88C8-78D22DBE1243.jpeg
0A1663D1-451F-4F0E-9513-CCBA308689DD.jpeg
For those who might be considering a Russett AVI A2. As I’ve mentioned before, If I had a second chance I would trade in my Russett for a Seal colored one. The Russett color was too orange colored for my tastes. After 3 coats of Pecards I’ve been able to darken it a bit to what I would consider a more realistic Russett. Here’s a couple of after photos to check out. All comments are welcomed.

Last edited:

Brettafett

That does not look too bad actually.
But, yes, I preferred the seal. I'm also not sure why, but the seal had the correct seamless knit, whereas the russet one I tried had a seam in the cuffs. Still it was a nice enough jacket, fit well. The jacket above looks good though, a few years of hard wearing and it will look great!