• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Authentic Indian Motorcycles Jacket?

B-Man2

Seller here - this is definitely a Toyo repro. I got it off 2nd street JP. Hope you enjoy the jacket, it's probably the nicest leather I've seen. Nicer than a Real Mccoy I currently have. Pretty hard to find these in brown too, they're mostly black.
Hey CC , I see that this is your first post so welcome to the forum.

PaulMoose23

To
MIKE
Welcome to VLJ. Great first post BTW.
The jacket looks like it’s in great shape. The Springfield Mass label lends a little more credibility to it being a period piece but as you’ve learned zippers and labels can be reproduced with amazing period accuracy. FYI Indian motorcycle are back in production after about a 40 year hiatus and being bought and sold by about three different companies.
Polaris the snowmobile company now owns Indian Motors . Recently due to the current state of awareness and sensitivity the company dropped the Indian Head Logo in favor of just “ India

PaulMoose23

With Indian making a come-back after the 4-decade hiatus and under Polaris and in today's sensitive climate (to B-Man 2's point), will that make authentic jackets made w/ the Indian logo more valuable?

I have one I was planning to sell but would it be worth holding out?

Attachments

• 20231228_190855.jpg
    20231228_190855.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • 20231228_191007.jpg
    20231228_191007.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23