• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Australian Armour and Artillery Museum - Four years in the making..

kirova

nice! if I am ever out that way I definitely gotta check it (although I have only ever been as far north as Brisbane :D)

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

ausreenactor

To be fair, Bovington’s Tiger is only run to a minimum, they don’t want too many miles on the clock. I went to one of their open days a few years ago, you had to be ready with your camera when the Tiger came out, because one lap of the display track was all you got. Still awesome to see though. Found an old post:-
That is why they built the Fury replica. They wrapped a CGI skin around it...

The DVD extras show the Tiger scene getting filmed.

The Fury interior set is in the storage shed in Cairns too.

Some amazing items. Thought the eunning D model Panzer IV was the cats meow in 2018... now this.. and all the other recent acquisitions.

kirova

anyone watches "Mark Felton Productions" on youtube? he has many videos on the post-war fate of various German (and other nation's) tanks/planes/ships/etc, amazingly, some were still in active service unil recently, but unfortunately, most of the time, the video ended with "in the end, it was scrapped".

plus a lot of other interesting war stories, highly recommended.

B-Man2

Some old boy in Germany until fairly recently had a panther in his garage along with an 88 flak and a U-boat torpedo. Apparently he used to drive the panther around his village. I believe the authorities took them all off him a couple of years ago.
Would love to see the rest of his collection .
You just know there’s got to be more there :)

Pilot

I’m looking at how much man power and damage they had to do to get this tank out of the house. Makes you wonder how it got down there.
No damage at all... maybe on the pavement but thats it...
Was a big discussion in Germany about being allowed or not to own this kind of things.
The owner had his weapons permits and licences for all “ regular” cal’s but not for a 88cm cal. and bigger...
He came clean out of it ... just lost a bit of gear and nerves...
A museum is now a bit richer with all his “discussable” hardwear.
Edit... I know ( knew ) him personally because of his WWII ( bad guys) uniform and awards collection... and these are also... amazing!

Last edited: