• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attempting to Identify a Patch From Original Stitching Holes On Aero A2

B-Man2

Hi Guys
I know this is like finding a needle in a hay stack, but I've seen you guys do this before, and I'm hoping that I might get lucky with the help of your collective expertise.
I'm hoping to match up this stitch holes with the patch that went on this original Aero. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
7C752195-9463-417F-A364-EBD0A1F565F7.jpeg

Flightengineer

This is very exciting, Burt. I once restored patches from stitching holes tracks on one old G-1 from early 50s. I got it right, but I had bit help from the squadron's vets.
However, in your case, there can be many variants.
Mid-cross holes made by hand not by maschine and could have been made if the patch was torn at some point for repair.
And the shape of a circle with a small element at the bottom fits many different WW2 patches. Is there any info about your jacket that will allow you to narrow search or at least indicate the direction?

B-Man2

This is very exciting, Burt. I once restored patches from stitching holes tracks on one old G-1 from early 50s. I got it right, but I had bit help from the squadron's vets.
However, in your case, there can be many variants.
Mid-cross holes made by hand not by maschine and could have been made if the patch was torn at some point for repair.
And the shape of a circle with a small element at the bottom fits many different WW2 patches. Is there any info about your jacket that will allow you to narrow search or at least indicate the direction?
Well ... there is a name tag on the jacket. Not sure if that would be much help .