• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATF Tanker

Clark J

Purchased an ATF fleece lined tanker sz XL,,, great price point very nice utility jacket. The back ripped out right in the middle when I was putting it on for the second time.Called them and they sent out a new one straight up . Seems it's a problem in large sizes. All in all a great jacket and a super USA company !! The zip box looks like a Crown so I swapped it out for a late 40s Crown pull ,,, after I polished up a bit.

B-Man2

Purchased an ATF fleece lined tanker sz XL,,, great price point very nice utility jacket. The back ripped out right in the middle when I was putting it on for the second time.Called them and they sent out a new one straight up . Seems it's a problem in large sizes. All in all a great jacket and a super USA company !! The zip box looks like a Crown so I swapped it out for a late 40s Crown pull ,,, after I polished up a bit.
Now you’ve been around here long enough to know that you can’t do this to us.... tell us about your new jacket and not post pictures ...
What’s wrong with you???;)
(Please?)

Smithy

ATF are great. I'm a massive fan of their stuff. I have 2 of their sadly discontinued B-10s and they are great - I built a verandah and restored a boat wearing one of them with no problems whatsoever.

Although you had that problem, one thing I've found with their stuff is that it feels like military issued stuff, not fragile repro crap which some reproduction wartime gear can feel like.

I'm waiting on some stuff from them at the moment ;-)

ausreenactor

Put together an order of random caps and helmet parts worth around $100.. That again to ship it... Nope.

Need another deployment!

falcon_ib

The fleece tanker is awesome, definitely my go-to jacket for the last 2 years since I've had it. Mine tore about 2 inches at the back of the neck too, below the knit collar, but I just sewed it up with some OD7 thread and it's pretty much good to go. I saw something similar on a well-worn original, the owner had just sewed a patch of fabric on top.

Clark J

I actually asked her about the B-10 because I picked up one of their seconds.She said he was thinking of having a run made,I told her to tell him to make mostly large sizes because besides Eastman no one makes bigger B-10s. She said she would pass along that info.

Smithy

I actually asked her about the B-10 because I picked up one of their seconds.She said he was thinking of having a run made,I told her to tell him to make mostly large sizes because besides Eastman no one makes bigger B-10s. She said she would pass along that info.

That's interesting that Rollin is considering doing another run of the B-10s. He'd said when he announced they were stopping making them a couple of years back that that was it, no more. So obviously he's had a lot of enquiries about them and is considering doing another run. That's great to hear. Like I said above, I've used mine to restore a boat, build a verandah, going sailing in, carry wood and timber. They're great jackets and like all of ATF's stuff it's generally built bloody tough. Some wartime repro uniform and kit can sadly be pretty flimsy.

Micawber

Broke out my ATF fleece lined tanker from the wardrobe where it's languished since I bought it during a one day special earlier this year and have been wearing it while installing a couple of security cameras outside this morning. What a cracking jacket for the money, warm, roomy and bloody well made. Love it.

DJS48

I bought an ATF fleece tanker in July of this year. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality, fit and comfort of the jacket. I have used it exclusively since the cold temps have invaded Southeast Wisconsin. I am on the way to Guangzhou, Cn. and have packed it in the suitcase, the jacket should keep me warm enough outside and inside the house.
Don

Micawber

Really enjoyed wearing mine for the first time working about outside today. Good bit of kit.

IMG_20191203_155123255~2.jpg

CBI

If ATF makes the B-10's again, I hope they can make the lining a little thiner as previous B-10's have been super poofy. Overall though, nice repros and yes a big thumbs up to ATF in general.

Smithy

If ATF makes the B-10's again, I hope they can make the lining a little thiner as previous B-10's have been super poofy. Overall though, nice repros and yes a big thumbs up to ATF in general.

I have two of the last ones they made back in 2017 CBI and don't know whether I got lucky of they'd changed something with the lining but mine are pretty good and not super poofy.

Like you I'm a big fan of their stuff, waiting on an order from them at the moment!

B-Man2

I just got off the phone with ATF. I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they were planning on remaking B-10s, but that is now on hold as the trade issues between the US and China have caused problems with their pricing and production. That’s the latest news on this from ATF from about 30 minutes ago.

Smithy

I just got off the phone with ATF. I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they were planning on remaking B-10s, but that is now on hold as the trade issues between the US and China have caused problems with their pricing and production. That’s the latest news on this from ATF from about 30 minutes ago.

That's a real bugger. Hope they sort a solution soon or the trade flap between the States and China gets sorted out shortly.

B-Man2

That's a real bugger. Hope they sort a solution soon or the trade flap between the States and China gets sorted out shortly.
I feel your pain buddy . That was one of my first flight jackets years ago and I sold it off. The cost of one was so reasonable for what you got and you could beat it up and wash it and it just continued to look good . I could kick myself for letting it go.

ausreenactor

It's your fault

Last edited: