• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATF Spring Sale....Fleece Lined Tankers $79.99

CBI

I bought one. i think I have dropped down a size (justification for another jacket!!!!)

Micawber

I bought two in a previous sale, one for my lad and one for me. Mine has been worn hard and washed several times but always comes out looking good. My son has only worn his a few times so is like new, now that I've lost weight I might have to raid his wardrobe ;)

Chandler

I bought a "factory second" a few years ago that I love. So much so that I bought a backup on one of the sales recently.

My attraction is probably due to wanting one since I was young -- thanks to Bill Mauldin, but anyone interested in US WW2 uniform will like the ATF jacket.

FWIW -- my first copy had some off details that were fixed nicely for the subsequent models.

Chandler

I bought two in a previous sale, one for my lad and one for me. Mine has been worn hard and washed several times but always comes out looking good.
Were you careful with the washing? I forgot about hang-drying on the second wash and mine shrunk up a bit. Still fits okay, but it's definitely shorter in body length.

Micawber

Were you careful with the washing? I forgot about hang-drying on the second wash and mine shrunk up a bit. Still fits okay, but it's definitely shorter in body length.

I didn't say I personally washed it - heavens forfendo_O I spent ten bob on a marriage licence years ago so I presume it just went it the wash and out on the rotary line if the weather was fair or in the tumble drier if it was raining;):D

Being serious, I think it's had a mix of both but only cool washes and a low heat in the drier.

Peter242

Are there any sizing tables for the jacket - i´m not sure which size would fit me best...

Chandler

Are there any sizing tables for the jacket - i´m not sure which size would fit me best...
At the ATF website, then on the page for the item, it has a drop-down to choose size and that shows corresponding US number sizes to their S, M, L sizing.

L shows 41-44, which I purchased. I wear a 44 in suit coats and the ATF L (when new) might be a bit roomy, but as mentioned -- they tend to shrink up a little. Plus, wearing this in cool to cold weather, I have layering room.

*Edit: Peter, I see you're in Germany -- be forewarned that ATF has high international shipping costs. They've never been able to get these in check for various reasons. The shipping may negate any sale savings.

Thomas Koehle

I'm 1.90 mtr. about 100 kg's and got an "L" - well these jackets are roomy ...

Washed mine 5 or 6 times and they still look awesome

since i work in the US shipping does not really affect me but for Germany i always hesitate to get stuff from them coz of the postage

Peter242

[
At the ATF website, then on the page for the item, it has a drop-down to choose size and that shows corresponding US number sizes to their S, M, L sizing.

L shows 41-44, which I purchased. I wear a 44 in suit coats and the ATF L (when new) might be a bit roomy, but as mentioned -- they tend to shrink up a little. Plus, wearing this in cool to cold weather, I have layering room.

*Edit: Peter, I see you're in Germany -- be forewarned that ATF has high international shipping costs. They've never been able to get these in check for various reasons. The shipping may negate any sale savings.
thanks you - and to Thomas. just checked shipping. The price would be half the price of the jacket. As I just ordered the N1 from Gizemo (China) - it seems be a good idea to look a bit further and wait for bronson to restock their b-10.

CBI

they run large. I have owned one of these before but it was just too large so I gave it to a friend locally. I had a wool lined one as well which I really liked. I honestly don't remember what happened to that one. i think it was too large as well................

ausreenactor

Grabbed a Large a while back. Probably could have gone a Medium... Was just emailing Jerome about a Tanker art project...

Jerome's work probably deserves a BR though......

These are a great jacket, at full price...

Chandler

Mine fits very much like this:
vzJBGOZ.jpg

;)

Smithy

If they're sized like the B-10s (which I imagine they are) they'll be on the bigger end of the scale. I'm 6'2'', 175 to 180 lbs but weight train so I'm pretty beefy in the shoulders and upper body and I bought both a Medium and a Large ATF B-10. The Medium B-10 fits me like a proper period fit (I've got room but it's not fitting like a spud sack) but the Large is on the large size, not quite in 1980s or Jerry Seinfeld territory but not far off, I use it as my manual working jacket. If I was getting one of these I reckon a medium would do fine.

Actually been tempted to get one for awhile but sworn off jackets for the immediate future due to the better half offering to buy something I've been after for awhile if no new jackets darken the door of Smithy Manor for the foreseeable future.