• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATF First model Navy deck jackets back in stock

CBI

came out today. these are nice. I ordered one when they first appeared but the sizing was waaaay off, I think mine was actually wrongly marked, it was that far off. The only other issue which ATF initially warned buyers about in their blog was that these are hair and lint magnets. Just FYI

sparidon

OK, so I bit the bullet and ordered one of these. Let me preface this by saying I have a Buzz 1st model deck zip with the stencil on the back, a Buzz deck blue N1, and a Real McCoy's OD N1. I have handled originals and know the texture, weight and colors of the real things. I wanted a non-stenciled version (the REAL first model) and figured that seeing as how virtually no one is making these, I would give it a shot.

First: The color is dead-on accurate. Gorgeous deck blue color that will fade right as time goes on.

Second: The jungle cloth is thin and light. That's not meant to be a compliment though. This in no way holds up to the weight and feel of either of the Buzz deck jackets I have and isn't even close to the RM. I could see this tearing easily if snagged on something.

Third: The zipper is ok. It's a China repop Talon. Not bad, not great either.

Fourth: The sizing is big. As we all know, different manufacturers mark their jackets in weird ways. My Buzz 1st model is a size 40, my Buzz deck blue N1 is a 42 and my RM OD N1 is also a 42. I normally wear a 44. I bought the large in this jacket and it looked like a tent on me. I figured, for the price, I can give her a spin in the washer and drier. I did so, twice. Hot water and high heat. She shrunk up nice and now fits me very well. Got a bit of a fade to it now too.

Fifth: The lining is fleece. While cheaper than wool and warmer, it's not even remotely close to accurate. Enough said here.

Overall: This is a decent reproduction of a jacket that is extremely hard to find on the market now. It's cheap enough that if you don't "love it" you will still "like it" if you want to do a few modifications to it.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence.

Seth

Adama36

I got one of these jacket a while ago and was not a big fan.

as mentioned by Seth

Second: The jungle cloth is thin and light. That's not meant to be a compliment though. This in no way holds up to the weight and feel of either of the Buzz deck jackets I have and isn't even close to the RM. I could see this tearing easily if snagged on something. I own an original and I definitively concur with that statement

Fourth: The sizing is big. I am 6'4 and a size L was almost too large for me

Third: The zipper is ok. It's a China repop Talon. Not bad, not great either. I actually bought the deck jacket with the hooks instead of the zipper and they were all kind of flimsy (unlike the ones on my 75 years original jacket I own)

Fifth: The lining is fleece. While cheaper than wool and warmer, it's not even remotely close to accurate. agreed