• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATC patch

havocpaul

because these were locally-made in the CBI theatre sizing could vary, nice condition, watch out for it appearing on a flight jacket near you!

Roughwear

havocpaul said:
because these were locally-made in the CBI theatre sizing could vary, nice condition, watch out for it appearing on a flight jacket near you!

Are you after one then Paul? :lol:

havocpaul

No, I used to have several in my collection years ago and had a lovely CBI A-2 from a C-46 pilot that had one attached on the right chest as he had the usual ATC patch on the left all 100% original to jacket as it came from the vet....1980, those were the days!

Roughwear

havocpaul said:
No, I used to have several in my collection years ago and had a lovely CBI A-2 from a C-46 pilot that had one attached on the right chest as he had the usual ATC patch on the left all 100% original to jacket as it came from the vet....1980, those were the days!

Those certainly were the days Paul. The price of good A2s then compared with now........... :cry:

Roughwear

BTW here's a pic of my ATC novelty patch.

903a_1.jpg

taikonaut

I heard the price of A2s has gone up this past year or so, but how much of this is due to the fact that the dollars has plummeted in value? Outside the US has anyone noticed much change in prices?

havocpaul

Here in UK I haven't noticed any real significant change; although at times there seem less good jackets for sale on eBay I have noticed at militaria shows there are still good jackets around. Some sellers have tried to place higher prices on originals but the buyers are usually wise to see through that. Prices will always fluctuate, sometimes its seasonal and no doubt for Americans the weak Dollar has had an influence but whereas 20 years or so back prices were hiked up by the Japanese collectors, good deals can still be found.

taikonaut

I noticed more people from China is bidding, maybe the next hike in prices is comming from there? It is no illusion that the demand for American clothing particularly militaria is gathering interest, several Chinese language forums devoted to US WW2 flight jackets have sprung up recently.

shanghai joe

havocpaul said:

you mean someone's gonna buy the patch and add it on an A2 to inflate value as original?

feel sorry for the victim/buyer/sucker............know what you're buying or get.............fried...............hsssssssssssssssss

shanghai joe

Roughwear said:
shanghai joe said:
Roughwear said:
Hi Joe, Yes its very similar to mine and the same size as well. I wonder what she will sell for?

$100 dollah plus???

And the rest. $300 -$400 perhaps.

doubt if it's worth $300-400 but let's see how it pans!...........you now a patchman beside being a jkt-head????.........please let us breathe............ :lol:

Roughwear

taikonaut said:
About $140 being unworn and not seen action.

We'll see. However, there is a leather ATC patch on Ebay selling for $202 and its the conventional design, but made from sewn leather. I have seen ATC novelty patches go within the range I mentioned above.

taikonaut

Roughwear said:
taikonaut said:
About $140 being unworn and not seen action.

We'll see. However, there is a leather ATC patch on Ebay selling for $202 and its the conventional design, but made from sewn leather. I have seen ATC novelty patches go within the range I mentioned above.
Yes but there is bound to be others going for less. Theatre made stuff for me personally has to seen action and came off a jacket.
There was a nice bullion AVG patch that saw action went for $175 the other night, I know which one I like more. Then again I am not a patch collector.

A

Anonymous

taikonaut said:
I noticed more people from China is bidding, maybe the next hike in prices is comming from there? It is no illusion that the demand for American clothing particularly militaria is gathering interest, several Chinese language forums devoted to US WW2 flight jackets have sprung up recently.

Chinese buyers / collectors are certainly on the increase. I have a few western friends working for Chinese business in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong and I've been asked to put together two small collections for mainland chinese corporate clients/buyers. Money doesn't seem to be an issue. I was asked 'to buy a few original things that look nice and demonstrate the Chinese-Amercian relationship'. So, AVG-CATF-14th-CNAC-CACW. What most of us here on the forum might think is pricey is really peanuts to these folk. Financiers and big business in Shanghai are burning cash like Wall street. From what I'm told they like this CBI stuff to be discussion pieces when making deals and entertaining western (mostly American male) clients. Makes a lot of sense to me, I can see how that would work. Also, nationalist chinese symbolism is no longer viewed as subversive or a no no. The Chinese nouveau riche fat cats are happy to put CBI chits etc. on display, at least semi privately. One banker is after a 23rd fighter group display for his office bathroom! No doubt an AVG or quality CBI display in a corporate board room is fun and certainly costs less than the bottles of 1950's claret these folk are opening every 30 mins. By way of example, I recently purchased a small hump pilots group from Ebay for one of the clients above. It cost far too much but it wasn't my money. He doesn't like it so said I could keep it! This is the kind of mentality people with far too much money have. China = Factory of the world. That being said, it's a bit of a grim industrial place...like looking into a crystal ball and seeing the end of the world.

p.s. I should think this ATC patch would go for appx. $300.

Members online

Latest posts