• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At the Front AVIATOR'S KIT BAG

Edward

Thoughts? I’m thinking of getting one. Anyone own a reproduction from At The Front? https://www.atthefront.com/Aviator-s-Kit-Bag-p/usgkit.htm

232DF1EC-B091-4745-8F6C-90F59FC0D4B8.jpeg

Last edited:

Edward

20”x17”x13” (seems perhaps a tad smaller than the originals but not by much. I’m not looking for complete accuracy here anyway. I’m not in reenactment.honestly I intended to use it for hauling my grocery shopping when I walk over to ALDI (its a bring your own bag type of store…good food low prices) also as travel bag for a light load short trip…

The canvas is heavy number 8 100% cotton duck, custom dyed and finished to match original WWII olive drab shade 3 fabric. The webbing is shuttle loomed and yarn dyed, in the same widths and weaves as the WWII material. Our markings are screened with water based ink and heat cured, and the Scovil snaps are the same zinc plated models used on Jump uniforms. The bag is closed via two Solid brass Talon brand zippers. “

Ed Rooney

I just had an Aldi's bagel with Aldi's cream cheese. Can't beat the prices, especially now. It's like grocery shopping in 2002 instead of 2022.

The kit bag is also a good sports duffel for the kids. It will fit shoulder pads, helmet, cleats, drinks....the works.

B-Man2

Ed
Mostly everything you have in your office is original, and original WWII bags can be had on EBay for about the same price. Why not get an original ?

Edward

Ed
Mostly everything you have in your office is original, and original WWII bags can be had on EBay for about the same price. Why not get an original ?
I have looked at those and most of them the cotton seems to be dry and many of them have holes and I don’t trust that they could tote any actual weight without ripping… I’d rather beat up a reproduction… Like I say I’m only interested in having one to use as a grocery tote bag because I have tote bags and they can be gotten for cheap but they look hideous and stupid and I want something with a little more style and then the color I like olive drab! Lol! I usually only get about $25 worth of groceries and walk back to my apartment… Literally I could throw a baseball and hit ALDI that’s how close I am so I go over there to get eggs a carton of almond milk some sandwich meat and cheese and some bananas you know just basics and I don’t like going in there with this ;
635F7CFE-9841-4893-85DA-95E41268957D.jpeg

blue is not my color lol!

B-Man2

$100 for a grocery tote bag is ridiculous I know but… I don’t have a girlfriend so… :p
Understand completely but I think you’re going to find that the bag is too big and that all of your groceries are going too move around freely inside the bag and become discombobulated. I’m going to send you a photo of a repro bag with the same measurements of an original bag for perspective purposes . It may be of some help for you .
3CF52304-FCCA-4A91-A00C-C21493FB634E.png

Last edited:

ausreenactor

I just had an Aldi's bagel with Aldi's cream cheese. Can't beat the prices, especially now. It's like grocery shopping in 2002 instead of 2022.

The kit bag is also a good sports duffel for the kids. It will fit shoulder pads, helmet, cleats, drinks....the works.
Wish it was like that for other prices.

Edward

Understand completely but I think you’re going to find that the bag is too big and that all of your groceries are going too move around freely inside the bag and become discombobulated. I’m going to send you a photo of a repro bag with the same measurements of an original bag for perspective purposes . It may be of some help for you . View attachment 77205
Jeebus!!!!!!!!
DEF6FE8F-2888-4D1D-AFB9-EFD522AB984F.jpeg