• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At The Front A-2 Jacket

CBI

I don't have much to go on but I read in the latest email/blog from At The Front that they received their first A-2 that they are planning to sell. No pics and it said they had some tweaking to do. Maybe Shawn is making these? No idea but FYI. Probably not VLJ level stuff but ATF can be surprisingly good as we all know.

It could be another year before we see these..................

Smithy

Whilst I'm curious to see it, I can entirely see where Couchy is coming from.

ATF's core business has been US, Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS kit and clobber, with the odd little bit of USN and the like thrown in. They did the B-10 because Airborne troops had gotten hold of them and I suppose that's their reason for an A-2 but like Couchy I'm wondering the worth of doing this. Everybody is doing A-2s and from the lowest accuracy to the highest and a myriad of options across that range.

Like I said I'm very interested to see it and I love ATF stuff but part of me wonders like Couchy how much ATF need to do this.

Silver Surfer

Made in South Asia?, Asia?, than, delivered through a proxy company in Saudi Arabia Would be my guess. After the release of “the mighty eighth” the market will b flooded with shitty a-2 repros. Give it a year or so, and you will able to score as many as ya want on greed bay for $100 a pop.

Smithy

Yeah the Masters of the Air thing might be the reason why they're jumping on board this wagon and so they have it ready to order for when the series drops later this year.

Be interesting to see the spike in interest in A-2s and USAAF stuff when this does go to air. I imagine the vast majority of it will be for the lower and mid range options. I can't imagine too many watching the series and wanting a "jacket like that dude was wearing on TV" jumping at ELC of GW.

Like all these things it'll be a flash in the pan but out of that we might see one of two new members come on here who have started to develop a deep and real interest in what we like.

Most though will be happy with an inaccurate jacket made from awful leather because it's "just like the guy was wearing in Masters of the Air" ;)

Smithy

Love my ATF Tanker, but after my B-10 adventure, Im running in he opposite direction...

I love my two old run ATF B-10s, they are absolutely awesome, and my ATF Wehrmacht '44 Pattern Sumpftarn Parka is easily one of the most functional jackets I have - if the zombie apocalypse happened that'd be the jacket I threw on fleeing out the door.

But, and although I'm interested in seeing their A-2, I won't be buying one.

As far as A-2s go, I'm only going GW from now on.

MaydayWei

I love my two old run ATF B-10s, they are absolutely awesome, and my ATF Wehrmacht '44 Pattern Sumpftarn Parka is easily one of the most functional jackets I have - if the zombie apocalypse happened that'd be the jacket I threw on fleeing out the door.

But, and although I'm interested in seeing their A-2, I won't be buying one.

As far as A-2s go, I'm only going GW from now on.

What happened to that 5* Poughkeepsie? ;)

Micawber

Yeah the Masters of the Air thing might be the reason why they're jumping on board this wagon and so they have it ready to order for when the series drops later this year.

Be interesting to see the spike in interest in A-2s and USAAF stuff when this does go to air. I imagine the vast majority of it will be for the lower and mid range options. I can't imagine too many watching the series and wanting a "jacket like that dude was wearing on TV" jumping at ELC of GW.

Like all these things it'll be a flash in the pan but out of that we might see one of two new members come on here who have started to develop a deep and real interest in what we like.

Most though will be happy with an inaccurate jacket made from awful leather because it's "just like the guy was wearing in Masters of the Air" ;)

The UK should stand ready for handfuls of GI clones dressed to the nines in repro gear talking in strange mix of Texas, Welsh, Birmingham, Manchester, Yorkshire etc accents frequenting an expanding number of 40's themed dances which is what happened after Memphis Belle, Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers etc were released.