• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Army/Airforce Decal B-3

stika

Hi there folks..

I just ordered the ELC Rough Wear B-3 jacket a few days ago. I ordered the jacket with the AAF decal on the shoulder. Then I wondered, if this is true to the originals? Did the early redskins have the decal on the shoulder or did the decal first arrive in 1944 or so?

It would be great to hear some comments so I would have time enough to delete the decal with Gary. And does anybody have photos of the ELC Rough Wear B-3?

Thanks guys....

Karsten :D

Roughwear

As a 1941 contract the original RW B3 would not have had a decal unless it was refurbished later in the War.I believe the USAAF decals were used extensively from 1944.

Swing

stika said:
Did the early redskins have the decal on the shoulder or did the decal first arrive in 1944 or so?

I've never seen a period photo of a transfer on a jacket before September '44, and that was on B-10s. Earliest photo I've seen of a leather jacket with the AAF decal on it was January '45, on an A-2 in the CBI.

Could an AAF decal wound up on an early RW B-3 in late '44 or '45? Yes, but it wouldn't have been very likely.

~Swing