Army A-2 is officially official

Edward

I wonder who will be contracted to make them. would like to see the design specs for it too.

army2020.jpg

B-Man2

Wow.... Should be interesting . Would like to see a picture or design of one as well.
( I can’t believe they called it a “ Bomber Jacket” :rolleyes: Now they’ve given the term legitimacy )

33-1729

From a quick look, the bomber jacket is to be like the two other jacket options being introduced, all in a darkish green/brown color called "heritage green". All soldiers will have the option of wearing a leather bomber jacket as outerwear. The bomber jacket will have gathered knit cuffs and waistband, though with no shearling trim. Timeline for release isn't clear due to COVID-19.

I also saw it called a "Marshall bomber style jacket". Perhaps someone here might understand that specific jacket reference.

Ed Rooney

From a quick look, the bomber jacket is to be like the two other jacket options being introduced, all in a darkish green/brown color called "heritage green". All soldiers will have the option of wearing a leather bomber jacket as outerwear. The bomber jacket will have gathered knit cuffs and waistband, though with no shearling trim. Timeline for release isn't clear due to COVID-19.

I also saw it called a "Marshall bomber style jacket". Perhaps someone here might understand that specific jacket reference.
Where are you seeing that?

B-Man2

....Not counting the US Wings version that was discussed here months ago.
Wasn’t that the Naval Surface Warfare jacket that’s we discussed back then. It resembled the AN-J3 jacket I think. Is that the one you’re talking about Ed?
I don’t remember discussing a US Army leather “bomber jacket”.