• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are B-3s a waste of time and money?

A2 B3au

Love that B-3 Thomas. If I could find a nice clean size 40 ELC Perry at the right price I’d be sorely tempted....
Me too I'd love a 50 cal /Perry/roughwear in a 40 but I'm gonna go for a new B3 new from Aero as I a fan of their dark redskin leather

A2 B3au

That's the only thing i need to find out from aero is i can't have the big fluffy cuffs they do look daft

A2 B3au

And I went and got myself some extra long t-shirts to tuck in my jeans when wearing the B3 to avoid that cold draft

stanier

That's the only thing i need to find out from aero is i can't have the big fluffy cuffs they do look daft

You should be fine on the cuffs from Art, Ken has said a few times now I think that they don’t do that anymore. Actually, I’m not sure why they ever did? A topic for another day.

A2 B3au

You should be fine on the cuffs from Art, Ken has said a few times now I think that they don’t do that anymore. Actually, I’m not sure why they ever did? A topic for another day.
Thanks for that ... Right I just popped to the shops n hands down my B6 far more practical in everyway I find it comfier n conveniently lightweight it deserves a full review and clear pics so bear with me... Shopkeeper not so convinced as it was he who mentioned he liked my coat but prefer the original I had on last year (Eastmans B3 second hand ).. personally I fortunate to have acquired a few flight jackets this year some nearly new some a decade or even 2 old and I love each one but I do love this B6 a wee bit more

A2 B3au

I gutted stanier at the time I was offered John's brand new Perry 6 months ago I felt 750 was to high ... How stupid was I it was brand new but for a very good one I'd want to pay 5 ,bit more if boxed bit less depending on condition. Paying anything over 6 for second hand makes no sense when u can get a brand new Aero from 750ish and did u see the B3 pilot sold on here that's the money they should be sold for... Oh by the way I have to have a crown zip on my B3 so do you know if this will be a sticking point from Aero I shouldn't imagine so

Last edited:

stanier

I gutted stanier at the time I was offered John's brand new Perry 6 months ago I felt 750 was to high ... How stupid was I it was brand new but for a very good one I'd want to pay 5 ,bit more if boxed bit less depending on condition. Paying anything over 6 for second hand makes no sense when u can get a brand new Aero from 750ish and did u see the B3 pilot sold on here that's the money they should be sold for... Oh by the way I have to have a crown zip on my B3 so do you know if this will be a sticking point from Aero I shouldn't imagine so

Good question on the Crown zip Art, I would have said no until recently but I’m sure someone somewhere posted that Aero do do them. Best off asking Ken who’ll clearly have the answers. Cheers