• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are any of these B-2's?

asiamiles

From the film DESPERATE JOURNEY. Note that Flynn's jacket has pockets, while Reagan's doesn't.
dj2.jpg

dj3.jpg

zoomer

A B-2 (or B-1 fwtw - same basic design) had a maximum of one, flapped, chest pocket.

These look to me like something made by the costume shop, possibly from photos or drawings.
They might also have been civilian jackets. Similar models to B-1/B-2 supposedly were made in the '30s.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
zoomer said:
These look to me like something made by the costume shop, possibly from photos or drawings.
They might also have been civilian jackets. Similar models to B-1/B-2 supposedly were made in the '30s.

Yes, the movie was 1942 .... they match perfectly with the jacket from the Air Associates Inc. two-piece suit, introduced circa 1935.

Full Gear, page 152

Falcon_52

That is a MONSTER of a collar. On Ronald Reagan's jacket it actually hangs out over the shoulder seam. Wow! I want to see this movie now.

Thanks Miles.

Noel

tgd31968

Falcon_52 said:
That is a MONSTER of a collar. On Ronald Reagan's jacket it actually hangs out over the shoulder seam. Wow! I want to see this movie now.

Thanks Miles.

Noel

And being a guy who is really obsessive about sleeve length, look at Reagans sleeves. Looks like it darn near hangs half way down his fingers with his hand at his side.
I have a still photo somewhere of Steve Mcqeen in the war lover in his b-3. It might be the way he is standing, but the cuff looks like it is about 3/4" above where his wrist widens out to his hand. He would have needed a gauntlet to cover his arm!