• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything New From AVI Leathers?

B-Man2

Has anyone kept up with AVI Leathers . They were supposed to have a couple of new A2’s in the pipeline but nothing has been released. They sold off a lot of there old inventory on eBay and I assumed that was a prelude to releasing new contract models, but so far nothing. Anyone hear differently?

silvio76

Has anyone kept up with AVI Leathers . They were supposed to have a couple of new A2’s in the pipeline but nothing has been released. They sold off a lot of there old inventory on eBay and I assumed that was a prelude to releasing new contract models, but so far nothing. Anyone hear differently?
My friend bought one of these G-1 from ebay. Lining coloured his shirt."Superb quality" jacket.

Smithy

They were meant to have a Perry contract released sometime but I think Brett was saying that they were going to shift production or something so maybe that's the reason why everything has gone shtum.

How's that russet Bronco of yours Burt? I've worn my Bronco a ton since I got it and just love the thing.

B-Man2

Tim
If you remember I wasn’t happy with the light color . After a little work I was able to darken it a bit to look a little like a Werber. Very happy with it now.

E74F9B83-B545-421F-9D17-674B1BF4B4A6.jpeg
They were meant to have a Perry contract released sometime but I think Brett was saying that they were going to shift production or something so maybe that's the reason why everything has gone shtum.

How's that russet Bronco of yours Burt? I've worn my Bronco a ton since I got it and just love the thing.

Skyhawk

Morton wrote recently that they will launch several new jackets in new year, but I don’t know the details.
I also wore my AVI Bronco a lot this summer, I like how it is get older.

ceb9d7b43e59.jpg

That's super cute! :)
We really need to get her into an Amelia jacket. That other one we were discussing would have been too small for sure so no loss there. I will work on it and may be able to make one for cheaper. I will let you know what I can work out.
Enjoy every day! My daughter is growing by leaps and bounds. I will have to make her a jacket soon as well. She is starting to show an interest in leather jackets.
The one you are wearing has a very nice color in the full sun.

Flightengineer

That's super cute! :)
We really need to get her into an Amelia jacket. That other one we were discussing would have been too small for sure so no loss there. I will work on it and may be able to make one for cheaper. I will let you know what I can work out.
Enjoy every day! My daughter is growing by leaps and bounds. I will have to make her a jacket soon as well. She is starting to show an interest in leather jackets.
The one you are wearing has a very nice color in the full sun.

Jay, thank you! Yes, if she needs leather flight jacket, I think it will be made by you ... I'll be glad to hear you...we have cold winter now and before the end of the april there will be no weather for a leather jacket for her and for this time she will growe .... I try to enjoy, but they grow very quickly.

Otter

3 jackets again on their eBay account, couple of A2's and a 38 size G-1.

Edit : forgot to say, your daughter really suits that jacket ! Mine had a kids A2 from Aero, nice jackets.

Brettafett

Last I heard was that there is a 'new' Bronco in the 'new' veg-tanned goat releasing first, followed by a Perry A-2.
Then theres a B-3 in development and they have acquired an original WW2 M422a... Not sure which maker.
I get the feeling they are treading carefully this time round regs the new manufacturer and getting details right...

B-Man2

Burt,

great looking jacket! May I ask what you have used for dying it?

Best regards,

Ties

Ties
I found an photo that gives you an idea of the original color of the AVI Russett A2. I wasn’t able to send it via PM, so here’s the picture.
Regards
Burt

C5E93244-6E6F-404C-AEBE-500402D58DFA.jpeg