• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone went to Duxford airshow?

Roughwear

I know Paul went. I was planning to go but was in bed with a temperature. Oh well, Flying Legends is not that far off!

havocpaul

Yes, I was there but pretty much working all day long so no time for photos, weather held out but numbers were well down on last year, looks like the recession is starting to bite. Went to say hello to Gary Eastman, as usual thier 'tent' is mouth-watering, the smell of leather and quality! Looks like they are expanding their Buzz Rickson stock too. More than a few of the flying display seemed to be cancelled, no F-15 with P-51 etc this year, B-17 went U/S late on, best display went to the RAF Typhoon, the pilot throwing high-g moves that had the crowd enthralled, good to see the future of the RAF is in good hands.I'll be back for Flying Legends in July. BTW, a few nice jackets seen worn around the show, the more I see the ELC Star being worn the more I like it, and the BR L-2 looks good on too.

shanghai joe

havocpaul said:
Yes, I was there but pretty much working all day long so no time for photos, weather held out but numbers were well down on last year, looks like the recession is starting to bite. Went to say hello to Gary Eastman, as usual thier 'tent' is mouth-watering, the smell of leather and quality! Looks like they are expanding their Buzz Rickson stock too. More than a few of the flying display seemed to be cancelled, no F-15 with P-51 etc this year, B-17 went U/S late on, best display went to the RAF Typhoon, the pilot throwing high-g moves that had the crowd enthralled, good to see the future of the RAF is in good hands.I'll be back for Flying Legends in July. BTW, a few nice jackets seen worn around the show, the more I see the ELC Star being worn the more I like it, and the BR L-2 looks good on too.

thank you from those who can't make it!

bfrench

Administrator

This is not the face of a happy camper - so might as well do it here too - stick to jackets in the REPRO section.

GBA-2Mark41BW.jpg

Bill French

shanghai joe

bfrench said:

This is not the face of a happy camper - so might as well do it here too - stick to jackets in the REPRO section.

GBA-2Mark41BW.jpg

Bill French

common, Bill, smile...........I'm sure it was a geniune misthread!

havocpaul

I didn't notice where it was started, saw it as a new post, still, I did talk about the repros I saw there....!