• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone need a WW2 Air Raid Siren?

Micawber

Usually several Cold War issue ones on Fleabay UK Burt. Back in the day I had a 3 phase electric one that took two of us to lift. The opportunities to et her rip were few and far between especially as there were neighbours within earshot who had endured the Blitz.

Micawber

Or go 'next level'.

Yeah, Castle Castings were postwar. Sounded just like the old Carter and Gents wartime ones but installed for a variety of purposes, Cold War attack warning, flood warning, factory fire depts. Lots of them came on the market when the old flood warning systems were decommissioned about 20 years ago, they could be got as surplus for much, much less than the prices they fetch now.

Rory Schultz

I saw online somewhere about a year ago that shows you how to build one out of cardboard....can't remember where. It sounded awesome. Another kid on there built one that sounded like the German Stuka in dive mode. (Jericho trumpets) When I get the chance I will look for the site.