• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone need a watch??

Clark J

My buddy that was going to supply the watches for the Red Tail movie sent me a pic of just a small sample of what he has for sale!
AIIA172-1.jpg

Dr H

Very nice! Can't pick out the exact details of the different models from the images, but what price is he looking for?

Cheers

Ian

A

Anonymous

HI Clark you say he was going to supply for the Redtails ,did the deal fall through then !.

Rgds Jeff.

Clark J

Yep.If I remember correctly he said they wanted 30 watches all working which was no problem,but they had to be 15 EXACTLY matching pairs.This was for scene changing or some reason like that???There were some other reasons but all totaled it just wasn't worth it.

CBI

I just got an email back from Scott. I was inquiring about watches and prices (prices range between $150-$450) and I asked about the film. They did ask him to supply watches but it did not work out for many reasons. Looks like nice stuff though.

TankBuster

handworn said:
Those prices strike me as a bit high; my 1942 A-11, freshly serviced, ran me $100 on eBay.

That seems like a very low price. Post some shots of it. If it's totally legit,
and in good shape you got a very good deal!

bazelot

TankBuster said:
handworn said:
Those prices strike me as a bit high; my 1942 A-11, freshly serviced, ran me $100 on eBay.

That seems like a very low price. Post some shots of it. If it's totally legit,
and in good shape you got a very good deal!

I bought a mint A-11 watch for $21 on Ebay. It was listed as a ladies' watch :D
I usually buy them fully working for less than $100 on Ebay.

TankBuster

Post some pics! I'd love to see it. I normally see them selling for $150-$250 depending on condition of the case, dial, ect. Of course the price drops if all the parts are not original.
I see plenty of dogs selling for around $100 or less.

bazelot

They are all 100% original and running. THe first one is a mint Elgin running . Second is a Waltham first model excellent condition running , the other ones are elgin for less than . I have another mint Elgin (first model) that I got on Ebay. All my A-11s are 100% original.

TankBuster

That Elgin is real nice. Great deal for sure! Running, and keeping accurate
time is key since it can run over $100 just to service one. It's always a
crap shoot on Ebay, but there can definitely be some deals to be had if
a guy digs a little as you've shown.

bazelot

TankBuster said:
That Elgin is real nice. Great deal for sure! Running, and keeping accurate
time is key since it can run over $100 just to service one. It's always a
crap shoot on Ebay, but there can definitely be some deals to be had if
a guy digs a little as you've shown.

Here in San Francisco it's a minimum of $150 to get a watch serviced, that's why I always get them already serviced.

bazelot

watchmanjimg said:
They all look nice! Is one of them on the strap I sent you?

Yes, as a matter of fact i only use one strap and it is the one you sent me. I am trying to keep the other ones in unworn conditions.