• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know where I can get one of these?

I was watching the old TV show “Due South” a while back and I liked the jacket the main character was wearing, he is a Canadian Mounty. It appears to be an old motorcycle cops jacket. I looked all over the net and the only thing I could find that matched the jacket was this jacket. It is or was on E-bay, but it is not my size. I have never heard of the company and when I do an internet search, nothing comes up. This is literally the only pictures I have found of the jacket outside of the television show screen shots.

Does anyone know if any other company makes the same designed jacket?

4190army.jpg

4190army4.jpg

4190army1.jpg

dmar836 said:
Is it a police jacket?

I think that it is. In the TV show the main character is a Royal Canadian mounted policeman. The two holes in the chest would indicate the location for a badge. I have searched the interent for any leather jackets that the RCMP may have worn and non of them match this design.

There is always the chance that this is just a jacket made by some clothier, (B.Free does not sound like a true uniform-maker to my eye/ears) with a lot of stylistic references on it but is in fact just a piece of costume and not a bona fide service jacket. There is just something about it that does not look like a real service jacket to me. Just a feeling/opinion based on looking at the pics you provided. Yes, I could be wrong.

watchmanjimg

chancerider said:
There is always the chance that this is just a jacket made by some clothier, (B.Free does not sound like a true uniform-maker to my eye/ears) with a lot of stylistic references on it but is in fact just a piece of costume and not a bona fide service jacket. There is just something about it that does not look like a real service jacket to me. Just a feeling/opinion based on looking at the pics you provided. Yes, I could be wrong.

I agree. This particular jacket appears to be a modern fashion offering featuring the "distressed" look so popular at shopping malls during the '80s and thereafter. However, it was clearly influenced by classic police/motorcycle designs.

OK, now that we have established that it is probably an off the rack "mall jacket", does anyone know if anything like this exist in a better quality? I am not sure if this is the actual brand name jacket that was worn on the TV show, but it is the only example that I could find that looks like the one from the show.

Bottom line is that I like the design and I would like to find one that is a good quality jacket.

MikeyB-17

A quick Google shows a couple of shots of the jacket from the series, which looks quite a bit nicer than that one, which appears to be the kind of sandblasted leather popular, as previously stated, with 80's 'Mall jackets'. The one in the series almost looks like a russet aniline hide. The jacket looks like a combination of a half belt, with A-2 epaulettes, a motorcycle style D-pocket, and a police badge holder. I don't know of anyone who makes that exact style, but I would suggest talking to one of the jacket manufacturers (I doubt ELC would do it, mind you) and see if they would make a custom one for you. My first port of call would be Aero, who seem amenable to such things.