Anyone know what Jacket this is?

Discussion in 'Moto / Utility Jackets' started by Happy Hooligan, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Happy Hooligan

Happy Hooligan Member

I saw this pic in a 1946 yearbook and I'm really liking it. Anyone know the brand and model? IMG_7581.JPG

2. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

No but I checked the Aero Leather website and they have a couple of models that come very close to that design.

3. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Top pocket aside, not dissimilar to a Gordon & Fergusson/Field & Stream half belt I have made around late 40's and previously owned by Roughwear and one other here!

davyjones007 and Happy Hooligan like this.
  4. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

There was no such thing as a bomber jacket, but there were of course jackets worn by aircrew who flew bombers! This civilian jacket is fairly typical of private purchased jackets worn by some USAAF aircrew, especially when the A-2 was no longer issued after 1943.

Pilot and D97x7 like this.
  5. bseal

bseal Well-Known Member

Judging by how period accurate it looks, I’d say with a high degree of confidence, Goodwear Leather Coat Company.

scwells likes this.
  6. kathleen swafford

kathleen swafford New Member

I saw these jacket in Shawshank redemption movie in the last seen when Andy Dufresne meets Ellis Boyd. Harley Quinn Jacket

davyjones007 likes this.
  7. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

Spam shit

8. Ken at Aero Leather

Ken at Aero Leather Well-Known Member

Are you sure?
    John must have enlisted the help of Dr Emmett Brown on this one, as it's from a 1946 Year Book

It's a typical Half Belted Civvy Work Jacket, almost certainly dating from immediate post WW2, which is when that cuff became the default option replacing the button cuff most commonly used on these in the 1930s

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Pilot likes this.
  9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Private purchased jackets by Luftwaffe pilots as well...See the French Cycliste so called "Hartmann" jacket....plus a few other (real WW2/WWII ...NOT GREASE-BAY- )versions.

10. rendalen

rendalen New Member

Sportclad horsehide ?

11. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

Yet more Spam for the admin team and mods to remove!

12. Ken at Aero Leather

Ken at Aero Leather Well-Known Member

Possible, I do recall a lot of these with JC Penney labels passing through my hands but I'd guess there must have twenty firms at least producing something similar at the time

This is identical to the style we used to made our first ever Horsehide jacket in 1986, it never left Aero's ownership although it's been worn by several staff members over the years, it's now in the showroom display cabinet and doesn't look a day over 70 years old!

Happy Hooligan likes this.