• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone interested in Fivestar horsehide? 3 shades in progress..

jerome35

Here is an update to compare mid brown and russette brown, both horsehide.

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

flyincowboy

Nice to see differents pictures from the site so a different colour ....I like the shade of this mid brown but the russet is not that bad It will be hard to choose! Don't tell my wife i gonna break the bank for another jacket!!!

mulceber

Jerome, I’m looking at these and it occurs to me that those jackets are in direct sunlight. Could you take a picture of them away from the sun, just to give us an idea how the leathers look in different lighting?

WingAndaPrayer

Better get your order in now if so inclined
Price increases and longer wait times are usually inevitable “by products” of success in this hobby .
You’re right about the wait increase. All my previous 5stars took about 2 weeks from order to payment to in my mail box. This new one took 2 weeks alone to be made. 5star is starting to catch on I think. It makes me wonder if these original contract jackets won’t be over $1k in the next year or two. Better buy a couple while it’s still economical!!

Flightengineer

Never sold on decals. How is the name plate stitching?

If AAF decal placing are offered by 5 stars as an option, then I would advice dear Shawn to change the decal supplier, cause the font is different from the original. All good things cost money, but these are the nuances that often make the final product (jacket) look like the original.
I also don’t think that with zippers as used today, these jackets will cost more than a thousand some day.

ausreenactor

If AAF decal placing are offered by 5 stars as an option, then I would advice dear Shawn to change the decal supplier, cause the font is different from the original. All good things cost money, but these are the nuances that often make the final product (jacket) look like the original.
I also don’t think that with zippers as used today, these jackets will cost more than a thousand some day.

Agree. Very similar to the ATF font...