• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone has an idea which jackets the two gentlemen in the foreground are wearing?

Griffon_301

Looks like M-422a jackets but they seem to be no leather jackets...(?)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200126-164123_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200126-164123_Instagram.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 298

Griffon_301

I am wondering why USN pilots would wear alpaca lined flightsuits in the PTO but then again some strikes against the Tokyo area were flown in February 1945, surely not the warmest times...

Skyhawk

I am wondering why USN pilots would wear alpaca lined flightsuits in the PTO but then again some strikes against the Tokyo area were flown in February 1945, surely not the warmest times...
It snows sometimes at ground level in Tokyo in February. It would have been even colder higher up. Looks like flight suits with fur collars to me.

Pilot

Right now in Seoul and Tokyo 3deg C at ground level... Up in the air it can become quite frosty... hence these kind of flight gear... plus some partially open cockpits... USN alpaga lined flight suit and fur collar IMHO

Skyhawk

Right now in Seoul and Tokyo 3deg C at ground level... Up in the air it can become quite frosty... hence these kind of flight gear... plus some partially open cockpits... USN alpaga lined flight suit and fur collar IMHO
The crazy thing is that in the summer it gets in the 80's+, and the ocean temps rise 25F from the low 50's to the 70's. I used to surf there when I was stationed at NAF Atsugi in the USN. Wetsuits in the winter and fall, board shorts in the summer.

-Jay