• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any USMC Frog-Skin experts?

ausreenactor

The fact they are original and in good condition makes them valuable. Keep them going, don't take an offer. The guys offering are scared to actually pay a higher price in a bidding war.

You will have to pay fees... but... you will get a higher price.

I can take a look at Grunt Gear and see how many sets were made...

Grant

If Stony is still on the forum, he's very knowledgable about USMC gear.
FWIW, I've seen the trousers go for $600 - $700 in larger sizes and less worn condition here in NYC.

Last edited:

bellumbill

The P42 with snaps is more desirable than the P44 sets. Kind of like the helmet covers, they are iconic Pacific Marine! No serious WWII Marine collector can do without a set.

I agree its iconic - I have a few sets - but it is iconic because we made it so - the marines got rid of camo very early - more marines wore green utilities than ever wore camo!

warguy

No disputing that. Something makes me weak kneed with those Tarawa Marines mixing the cammo and the greens. Love the look of a Tarawa Marine with a cammo top and the green HBT bottoms!