• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any thoughts on this M445 W&G

B-Man2

I have one of these and it’s a fairly nice jacket. This seller is a little over the top with his asking price. But no it’s not an Eastman.

MikeyB-17

I had one of their M-444’s. Nice jacket, mine had the paperclip zip replaced with a more period correct one. No, not an Eastman, but by no means a bad jacket. Got quite a few compliments when I wore it. That’s too much money for it.

daw

I agree it seems a little pricey for the market based on my experience with ebay especially 'cause it's not pristine. I quite like my W&G m444 and I think the m445 is nice too.

Smithy

Tell him he's dreaming Simon. Too much moollah, you could get a used Eastman for not far off if you bide your time.

SimonR

Tell him he's dreaming Simon. Too much moollah, you could get a used Eastman for not far off if you bide your time.
Thanks

Price isn't as important as fit ... this one has the important length I'm after - but yes I hear you - and would like to get the best possible for a fair price

Smithy

Thanks

Price isn't as important as fit ... this one has the important length I'm after - but yes I hear you - and would like to get the best possible for a fair price

The problem mate is that we've all been here before. Don't just go for fit unless it's an absolute bargain basement price, because down the line you'll be thinking "that could be better and more accurate" and fit won't necessarily matter when you decide you want a better jacket. It's like anything when you decide you want it, don't go charging off so you can have it tomorrow when you can get a better one next week for maybe not too much more.

Patience grasshopper ;)

SimonR

The problem mate is that we've all been here before. Don't just go for fit unless it's an absolute bargain basement price, because down the line you'll be thinking "that could be better and more accurate" and fit won't necessarily matter when you decide you want a better jacket. It's like anything when you decide you want it, don't go charging off so you can have it tomorrow when you can get a better one next week for less.

Patience grasshopper ;)
Yes - I re read what I put and see I wasn't clear .... no I don't want to overpay and was more interested beacause of the fit but it did seem expensive to me - hence asking you more experienced lot :)

Money is hard earnt so I'd rather not just give it away

Smithy

Take your time if you're unsure Simon. What you are looking for is not a hyper rare-only shows up every 20 years kind of jacket-so there's no rush. There might even be a member or two round here who can help you out.